Moderator: Admins

TwingeCrag

Re: Update Beta Out

Postby TwingeCrag » Sun May 06, 2007 7:35 am

EDIT: Snip, I bought it from GG I owe you guys Cool
worm

Postby worm » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:26 pm

When are all ya guys on testing this usually?
ZeeMage

Postby ZeeMage » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:01 am

wow ppl exist? O.O

ive gone without human contact for so long.... so lonely... slashing air.... closing in!

*dies college acter dramatically*
Paul

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:59 am

More players will come soon. I guarantee.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
SkyMage

Postby SkyMage » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:17 am

i just recruited a half dozen new players and im trying to meet them on the server now, but my client cann't connect! not even to the IRC..omg wtf happened....ill keep trying!
SkyMage

Postby SkyMage » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:27 pm

*sips coffee* all your swords are belong to us.
Xanthyn

Postby Xanthyn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:36 am

Hey, I just started playing Determinance, and I like it, but I am having a hard time with online play...
It seems very laggy no matter what, and even in single player I cant get the extra weapons (daggers, clubs, etc.) to work in the beta. Also, I cant seem to get the custom poses to work either...

Can anyone shed a little light on these subjects? I haven't been able to find much about it in the help menu or in the forums.

I put this in the beta thread because my main question is how to get the extra weapons working...
P.S., I purchased the game, so its not a matter of demo limitations
Paul

Postby Paul » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 am

Hi Xanthyn,

Sorry you're having problems - I'll see if Ian can take a look later but we're pretty busy today!

When you say you can't get the extra weapons to work in the beta, what do you mean exactly? Try this - Host a game of Free for All on Confluence then press escape. Go to Admin and set Allowed Weapons to "All" then press Set Options. Then go to Player and you should see the list of all the weapons there. Select whichever one you want - one of the Axes might be easiest - then the next time you spawn you should have that weapon - does that work for you?

Let me know.

Paul
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
Mischief Maker

Postby Mischief Maker » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:10 am

I'm playing beta v.12 As stated elsewhere, the "join" button only says "oin." Also, the arcade mode text has white boxes in the place of punctuation marks. Also the detail textures on the ground give a bit of a performance hit.

When playing the beta version, do you have access to the same servers being used by demo players? The servers seem way more deserted than I remember.
Paul

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Thanks for these.

the "join" button only says "oin." Also, the arcade mode text has white boxes in the place of punctuation marks.

Ha ha VERY known bug. I've been driving Ian insane by asking him when he's going to fix that approximately once every half hour.

Also the detail textures on the ground give a bit of a performance hit.

Hmm, not sure what's up with that. Will ask the master.

When playing the beta version, do you have access to the same servers being used by demo players? The servers seem way more deserted than I remember.

Not currently. When we've fixed a couple more things, we'll release the beta as a proper update for everyone and then it'll be played by all.

Cheers for the reports, dude.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
Xanthyn

Postby Xanthyn » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:35 am

Hey, thanks for the help. I have got the new weapons working, and the custom poses are working fine in the beta. I still can't seem to find anyone to duel though :/.

Also, for the sake of reducing lag, can we host our own internet servers, or is that for LAN only?
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:43 am

You sure can host your own servers - just start a game with "host" and, as long as your firewall allows ports 28000 and 28002, everyone with Determinance should be able to see it.

Ian
Mischief Maker

Postby Mischief Maker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:34 am

Just played some v12 against a human. Had some trouble with selecting one weapon (archtwin) and starting the round with another thing altogether (big slow double-headed axe). Also choosing a dagger or a crossbow gives me a tiny spear.

It also suffers from way more graphical slowdown than the original release
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Mishief, I'm concerned about that framerate problem. Can you

(a) Verify that you're running on the same settings as your old DT

(b) Temporarily remove the folder dt/data/terrains/details and tell me if it significantly speeds stuff up.

If you feel like doing that Mischief, many thanks.

Ian
Faxmachinen

Re: Update put into release version

Postby Faxmachinen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Uh... is 1.5 supposed to ask me to register and then refuse the key I used the last two times?

Return to “General”