license question!

Mode 7 and Determinance discussion

Moderator: Admins

SkyMage

license question!

Postby SkyMage » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:34 pm

i love ur game! i wanna bring new players in so they can experience this kingly sport.
i head up an online community that live in an MMO that shall remain nameless. lately, we love dabbling in other games as a group. anywayz,,....
i'd like to purchase determinance, and have a number of my virtual neighbors do the same. they love spending money online, it seems. my question is, if i buy one license for determinance, would i be able to share it with my brother for LAN play? Obviously i woudlnt' try to share it with anyone else, i want my people to pay you guys for ur superb work, and im sure they wont mind. im gonna direct them to the demo today.

yeah, btw walking on foot *would* be a nice touch! whenever tho, i dont care if it doesn't hit until determinance 15. flying roxx my soxx. look forward to slashing you guys up soon. sorry for the long post Razz
Toshers

Re: license question!

Postby Toshers » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:11 am

I'm pretty sure that you can enable something like 5 installations of the game with your key (to make allowances for multiple computers & hard drive failures i guess). I'm not sure about the specifics though, you'll have to wait till one of the team sees this (which wont be long).

Good luck with getting more people to get the game though, it would be fanastic if you can =]
Andy M
SkyMage

Postby SkyMage » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:09 am

i say anyone who Doesn't wanna see die by the sword meet quake 3 then have sex with the matrix is CraZy. its more refreshing than sierra mist, thats for damn sure.
Paul

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:55 am

Hi Skymage,

Sorry we took absolutely ages to get back to you - stuff has been a bit crazy around here recently. Not that that's unusual...

Ian can explain the logistics of keys to you...I'll get him over here next chance I get.

See you on the server soon - come to the chatroom too.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
SkyMage

Postby SkyMage » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:30 pm

hey there Very Happy
Whenever its convenient i still would like the info about this, but even without it im ready to make the purchase XD. I intend to put it on at least my two good computers and have my brother join me. hope thats allowed >_<
have already raised a decent number of new fighters, still workin on that XD
i know i keep sayin that, but i really do know lots of people lol. i've played other INDIE stuff, like multiplayer grand theft auto, so i know how crazy this place Will be with a larger number of regulars Smile look forward to meeting all of you.

-SkyMage
Paul

Postby Paul » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:50 pm

We definitely want to get more players in right now and encourage people to play regularly. Although we're still getting sales all the time, people don't seem to want to play for that long in one session, so most people aren't online together. Shall be fixed!
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
SkyMage

Postby SkyMage » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:12 am

so...my key activated two of my computers no problem, but i could only create one login for online play. curiously tho, i can log into it on both machines at once. so me and my brother are currently stuck playing with the same exact name... please let me know if im doing this wrong, or breaking a rule or anything. still duno what the terms are Confused
Cheers,
-Sky
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:06 am

Hi Skymage.

You shouldn't be able to log in at the same time with the same account - I'll take a look at that.

You can play LAN with several people using the same key, but to play online everyone should have a separate account (and thus separate registered copies of the game). It's important to us that you can play on a LAN with only one copy of the game, so don't worry about breaking any rules!

Ian
rats_
Star Spawn of Cthulhu

Postby rats_ » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:10 am

Yeah, some games suck these days, because of cd-keys, you can't play them in LAN pardeehs... Luckily there are still people like you, Omroth. ;P
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn !
Paul

Postby Paul » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:50 am

SkyMage, if you'd like a free key to give away to one of your buddies then let me know. Right now, we just want people to play the game more so I'll be offering a few free copies around so we can get people on the server - we want people who've bought Determinance to have a good time playing online so if that means giving out some copies, so be it!
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
richygorgan

Postby richygorgan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:25 am

Awsome^^^
Damn...i have no friends...
"one illustrious disciple " - Ian
SkyMage

Postby SkyMage » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:35 pm

omg that is such a generous offer! i really appreciate that man! and id love to take you up on it. quite a few of my crew are buying the full version, but one of my people in particular id Love to have a free key for, cuz im not sure if he has the ability to purchase. If you could email one to me, that would be fantastic, and i'd pass it along to mr. Zoniku Very Happy thank you Smile
you guys have my email on file i think? hehehe (sweeeeet_)
P.S. i can't afford to buy one for my brother either, lol, but i dont wanna get greedy >_< but either way thanks so much!

(\(O_O)/),
-SkyMage
Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:16 am

Don't actually have your email, dude, so can you drop me a line - paul [EVERYONEKNOWSWHATGOESHERE] mode7games.com

Cheers.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games

Return to “General”