First contact

Mode 7 and Determinance discussion

Moderator: Admins

VariousArtist

First contact

Postby VariousArtist » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:08 pm

Hello guys!

Just dropped in for the first time. Looks like a nice game, but after Ive fighted the 2 demo-enemies without greater resistance I tried to look for an onlinegame. First I noticed that the 1.5 autoupdate is broken but it shows that 1.6 is available? Broken too? Then I joined the chat full of idlers and a non-player.

4 downloads from different sites later of what was called "Version 1.5" but wasnt version 5 (in fact they were 1.2 and 1.3) I posted to the techforum and got a very fast response from Omroth with a valid DL-Link of 1.5. This version patched fine, but now was the chat-option, I used before, gone?!? Angrily I installed MIRC to get to the chatroom. Still no onlineplayers and the non-player that was downloading the client. The client didnt accept his registration-key...

After a new look into the "Join"-Game option I saw a server and clicked without reading - not available for the Demoplayers! Wonderful! No other server around - no player who could open a server on his own - and not even the damn option to lure my roommate on an existing server to give the multiplayer a try!

I dont write my experiences to make any offenses, rather to point out a few thing that should better not happen. Not every newbie is so enduring as I am. Wink

Albeit this problems the game looks and plays very innovative. Never got the hang on DBTS but this game plays very smooth. Would be very nice if there would be a persistent demo-server online. ... and the chat option from older clients (not everybody get easily the hang on IRC-clients).

so far
greets
Various Artist

PS: I really like the flying-guys-theme! Cool
Omroth
Site Admin

Re: First contact

Postby Omroth » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey VA.

I'm sorry you've had so many problems, you've joined us at a bad time as we're testing some stuff. You did get the registration key working right?

Ian
VariousArtist

Postby VariousArtist » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:19 pm

Oh, I havent bought the game - it was somebody in the channel!
Right now I dont think I want to buy it before testing it in multiplayer, because I had a nice test with the AI-enemies. I pointed the blade down and let them constantly run into my blade and so I won most of the rounds... Wasnt very appealing to beat the AI this way, hehe!
So is there a way that a server for demo-players will be online?
Faxmachinen

Postby Faxmachinen » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:42 am

Oh aye, there should always be four FFA servers up (I think they're all open to demo users). If not, they probably crashed, so email Omroth and he'll fix it in no time.
VariousArtist

Postby VariousArtist » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:59 pm

Yes, last night they where online! Much better but still no players out there! There should be sheduled a weekend meeting or such! =)

Return to “General”