Thoughts on server popularity.

Mode 7 and Determinance discussion

Moderator: Admins

SPGremlin2

Thoughts on server popularity.

Postby SPGremlin2 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:47 pm

I'm very excited with Determinance, I waited for a long time for something like "DBTS 2" Smile. This is one of the very few PC games which I bought for money (here in Russia we prefer playing cracked things). I'll also recommend the game to my friends.

Unfortunately, for the next few weeks I won't have access to unfirewalled internet and can't play Determinance online. But I read the forum, and I see that permanently empty servers is one of your biggest troubles.

Here is the idea which can help: Write and distribute a small program (maybe along with the next update to determinance), which will reside in systray, and monitor players count on the server, displaying as an icon.

The is one very interesting old game - the first Team Fortress (based on Quake 1), may be you know. There aren't very many fans left, since the game is old. But There still are 2-3 alive servers, which always have players at evenings. Most players do use such systray monitor program. You can join an empty server, wait 2-3 minutes, and others will come.
Paul

Re: Thoughts on server popularity.

Postby Paul » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi SPGremlin, really glad you like the game.

That's really a good idea - although it's similar to our IRC system, which you can call for players in during the game.

Ian
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
Faxmachinen

Postby Faxmachinen » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:12 am

But all the people who idle in IRC are either 1. Dead and/or sleeping, 2. On a mac or 3. Unable or unwilling to play for whatever other reasons. And I've almost never seen a demo user ask for players either.

One thing you should definitively fix is listing bots as players though. Ideally you'd list them separately, but at the very least don't list them as players.
merglasch

Postby merglasch » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:59 pm

I'd like this idea very much cuz the guys which are in irc only see if someone is also in irc but not if someone's in determinance or even on the servers-,-
I think this would be good for server popularity^^
Very good idea
Greetz
Mer
---------------------------
Sorry for any bad english!
Sorry for any mistakes!!!
take them!you can have them!^^
--Blood for the Blood-God---
---------f***k die Waldfee-

Return to “General”