asl party

Mode 7 and Determinance discussion

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

asl party

Postby Omroth » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:04 pm

Anyone interested in introducing themselves, do so here.
Nazriel

Postby Nazriel » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:19 pm

Maybe the title of the thread is scaring people away, heh... I'll get things started more than a month later then. Smile

In-game I go by the same alias of Nazriel. I'm from the northern area of Illinois in the U.S.

I discovered the game a couple days ago, kept logging back in for "one more" Demo session the day after, and finally broke down and purchased it because I realized the game just plain kicks ass. Cool
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Welcome Nazriel! Glad to hear you're enjoying Determinance. Hope to see you around in IRC.

Ian
Faxmachinen

Postby Faxmachinen » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:27 pm

I prefer to shroud myself in an aura of mystery. But okay, I'll bite just this once.

Hi everyone.
I'm Faxmachinen, or at least that'll be my pseudonym around these parts. I was born in Norway and raised in the TTLG forums, which is where I learned about Determinance. Over there I'm better known as Mortal Monkey.

The selling point of Determinance was... well, I think I was already sold by then. But I tried the demo anyway, and it didn't fail to disappoint.
Despite not being able to complete the tutorial, I conquered the two first bots every time, getting more confident in my swings and taking them out faster each time. It was then that I realized that I'd not had this much fun in ages.

Oh, and just so you know in case our swords were ever to cross: I blame it on lag.
richygorgan

Postby richygorgan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:00 pm

Never to late is it?
Im Richy Gorgan
Urm im 15
Like designing stuff on pc
Like playing games
Learning and using macromedia flash making games
Im thick and negative - Dont even think of emo because i dislike them
Hope to be game deisigner(Programmer), hope to, might not happen because im thick.
Thats about it
Unless you what to know the games i love os badly
Favs: Ratchet and Clank series, Jak and Daxter series and spore(Not out till june/july)
"one illustrious disciple " - Ian
Mischief Maker

Postby Mischief Maker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:04 am

I am the Mischief Maker!

Lover, musician, political activist, pagan beast god. Currently a law student in the US.

Favorite Games:

Freespace 2
Devil May Cry 3
God Hand
Nadroj

Postby Nadroj » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:09 am

User name Nadroj, which is simply my name backwards. (gotta love my creativity Razz )

20 from the US. Student, male, gamer, arm-chair philosopher, etc.

Still running the demo, might find me in the servers (under the same name). This will probably be the next game I buy, when I have the spare cash to buy another.

So...howdy.
Aevalad

Postby Aevalad » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:34 am

I'm Aevalad. I'm 17, and from Tennessee, U.S.A.

I bought this game the day after I downloaded the demo. I like computer games and medieval legends and lore (namely Norse mythology).
-------------------------------------------------------
Every time an emo kid cuts himself, a Viking comes down from the nordic lands and dismembers him.

Please. Think of your limbs.
worm

Postby worm » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:05 am

I'm from PA, 21, and male. I'm really really angry and curse lots while playing this game. I'm currently enrolled in a BA program and then a Masters program as a way of staving off real life work. After I get my masters I may become a transient.

Favorite Games:
Omikron
DMC 3
Godhand
Sam and Max
Civ IV
rats_
Star Spawn of Cthulhu

Postby rats_ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:21 pm

Oh yeah, Devil May Cry 3! \m/_
I like it. Alot. Especially the cutscenes. Weehaa!
Also, I like other action games. Ninja Gaiden, Severance, actaully anything, if there's swords or other melee weapons, good fighting mechanism, and good gameplay, I like it. (or just fokken good looking and good gameplay, such as FEAR. The effects are FINE, and I really like the melee attacks.)
EDIT: Oh, I hate graphical smilies and LIKE CAPS LOCK. And I'm not in any way connected to this game(I just beta tested it and like it)
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn !
Bill

Postby Bill » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 pm

I'm Bill...

I'm 22 and from NJ.

I just got the game yesterday, I like supporting independant developers and when I found out about this game over on the Mount and Blade forums I figured I'd give it a crack. Seems fun so far.
Toshers

Postby Toshers » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:44 pm

I'm andy, i'm 17, and i've been bumming around the internet ever since i got into animation (and later programming). I used to be completely obsessive over unreal tournament... and that was before i ever played it online. I also used to be quite obsessive over Jedi Academy, because it was pretty much the best sword fighting game i'd ever played. So you can see how determinance would be a natural progression from there =]

I dont remember where i first heard about determinance, but i've been checking back here every few days for a few months now, and then suddenly one day it was released =]

richygorgan wrote:Learning and using macromedia flash making games

http://andrewmartin.deviantart.com/

I've been into that for quite a while now. Nice to see someone else here with the same interest =]
Andy M
Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:11 pm

Awesome. Nice to meet you Bill and Toshers.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:06 am

Hey, I'm Stonewall.

My real name is Mitchell Price and I live in Southern Indiana in the U.S.
I'm experienced with Photoshop, but don't have a deviant art page becuase I'm a dumbass.

I'm 13 years old. But I've kicked enough ass to equal that number to the power of eleventy-seven. (117) Cthulhu would be a contender, but I took him to teh vetz. I've close to mastered the roundhouse kick, and I make Chuck Norris tremble in his booties with my power level of OVER NINE THOUUUSSANNNNDDDDD!!!!! Here is the chain of power in this galaxy. (and a few other sub-galaxies to the Milky Way)

Stonewall > My Pet Rock Bobo (He can do a barrel roll!) > Chuck Norris > God > Papple > (<3) Archa (<3) > Sparta > Cthulhu (Dont hurt meh!) > Pirates > Ninjas > Pie ..... > Cute Fuzzy Bunnies

EDIT:: I believe the order of power is now correct.

Nice to meet you all! Very Happy
Last edited by Stonewall on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rats_
Star Spawn of Cthulhu

Postby rats_ » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:15 am

:/
That was a bit rude of you putting Archa there. :P Lemme change it!
Cthulhu > Vin Diesel > God > Papple > Archa > Sparta > Pie > Stonewall > ..... > Cute Fuzzy Bunnies > My Pet Rock Bobo > FURRIES
Moar liek this.
Edit: Changes to Stonewalls position, and Chuck Norris got replaced with Vin Diesel aka RIDDICK ^^
Last edited by rats_ on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn !

Return to “General”