The "I HATE THE FLYING YOU GUYS SUCK ****" thread

Mode 7 and Determinance discussion

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

The "I HATE THE FLYING YOU GUYS SUCK ****" thread

Postby Omroth » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Hello and welcome to the Determinance forums. We're sorry you don't like the flying. Here's the official word on it:

http://www.mode7games.com/blog/?p=348

Please put all of your vitrol and hatred at the flying in Determinance in this thread.
richygorgan

Postby richygorgan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:22 pm

Were is da gravaty!
You peps are lazy and fat and coudnt be bodered to animate wakin, flyin is too fast and you end up swingin your sword like a headless chic....sword!
Get this fixed now or ill...
(Please note im bored and ment no offense to the game or the designers XD)
No really though anyone who has the nack to comment is an idiot, its your game so you do what you want. By commenting i mean ordering, not suggestions, suggestions are good unless they are violent.

Going on DT to relieve my bordem XD
"one illustrious disciple " - Ian
Aevalad

Postby Aevalad » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:35 pm

I love the flying. Ground fights would be nice, but lets be serious. Why the hell would you walk when you can fly? If you do add ground fights, you don't really have to do the walking animation. A nice thing to do would just limit vertical movement and have the characters hover along the ground. But in the end it is your game, and you should make it the way you want it to be. I am content with flying.

Though I will say when someone hits the ground, the little flipping frenzy they go into looks a bit weird ;p.
-------------------------------------------------------
Every time an emo kid cuts himself, a Viking comes down from the nordic lands and dismembers him.

Please. Think of your limbs.
richygorgan

Postby richygorgan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:31 pm

"Though I will say when someone hits the ground, the little flipping frenzy they go into looks a bit weird ;p."

I love when they do that, once i hit the ground whill using my move and he went into like a crash bandicoot spin but diagonaly as well really fast for like 5 seconds, no one saw me though Sad.
Mischief Maker

Postby Mischief Maker » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:33 pm

I have a great idea for a game!

It's a game where you play Superman. In fact, EVERYBODY plays Superman! But here's the twist, you play Superman... IN A WHEELCHAIR! Can you imagine how COOL it would be slowly rolling along with Superman's heat vision and frost breath?

Since I bought the game first, can I have a sticky forum called "THE PARRYING SYSTEM SUCKS MY B*NGH*LE!!!"? If you had two buttons that would snap the sword to either of the two angle extremes when held down and snap it back to extended when you let go parrying would become much more effective.

THEN you'd solve the "wildly swinging your sword" problem quickly and easily without having to massively revamp the engine. Newbies waving their sword "Like a dildo" (Their term, not mine. Though if that's what you guys like to do with dildoes, there's nothing wrong with that) would get murdered by intermediates and up charge-blocking their spaz attack.

Though I am deeply offended by the presence of fat characters, too. STOP MAKING ME CRY, DETERMINANCE!!!
rats_
Star Spawn of Cthulhu

Postby rats_ » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:13 am

richygorgan wrote:"Though I will say when someone hits the ground, the little flipping frenzy they go into looks a bit weird ;p."

I love when they do that, once i hit the ground whill using my move and he went into like a crash bandicoot spin but diagonaly as well really fast for like 5 seconds, no one saw me though :(.

This manouver is extremely useful, if you hsve the skills. The sword moves(sometimes) alot faster than usually, dealing superb damage if it hits.
Mischief Maker: no, it doesn't suck. You just don't have the wheel.(iirc) :P
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn !
Archa
Chief Modder

Postby Archa » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:27 am

My toughts about flying:
I came to see the game
And tought it isnt lame
BUT then i read they fly
And first i tought"Bye bye"

After time i got the game
And flying wasnt shame
I felt it pretty cool
Not made by someone fool.

(Made in 1 minute)
I'm the moderator of the best Mode7 forum ever. Ok?
TwingeCrag

Postby TwingeCrag » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:18 pm

I like the flying in this game, and I think you should keep it, however walking would be cool, so I'm one for keeping flying + adding walking gamemode.

Evil or Very Mad *coughcoughwhalespearcoughcough* Evil or Very Mad
Aevalad

Postby Aevalad » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:56 am

Mischief Maker wrote:I have a great idea for a game!

It's a game where you play Superman. In fact, EVERYBODY plays Superman! But here's the twist, you play Superman... IN A WHEELCHAIR! Can you imagine how COOL it would be slowly rolling along with Superman's heat vision and frost breath?

Since I bought the game first, can I have a sticky forum called "THE PARRYING SYSTEM SUCKS MY B*NGH*LE!!!"? If you had two buttons that would snap the sword to either of the two angle extremes when held down and snap it back to extended when you let go parrying would become much more effective.

THEN you'd solve the "wildly swinging your sword" problem quickly and easily without having to massively revamp the engine. Newbies waving their sword "Like a dildo" (Their term, not mine. Though if that's what you guys like to do with dildoes, there's nothing wrong with that) would get murdered by intermediates and up charge-blocking their spaz attack.

Though I am deeply offended by the presence of fat characters, too. STOP MAKING ME CRY, DETERMINANCE!!!

I am already saving money for the day that game is made o.o! I can't wait to freeze-breath some sucka's wheelchair.
Every time an emo kid cuts himself, a Viking comes down from the nordic lands and dismembers him.

Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:00 pm

Nothing will ever compare to this thread.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
richygorgan

Postby richygorgan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:31 pm

To be honest i think i know what the majority of people want, basicly its Mount and Blade with your fighting system, anyway you 4 can team up and combine the games XD. Lovely if that was possible Sad.
Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:38 pm

Oh yeah! I want Mount and Bladminance.

EDIT:...the only game which allows you to fight tramps with a stick AND get stuck inside a horse.

Actually, Mount and Blade is awesome.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
worm

Postby worm » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Mount and blade has added as a whole for "new content" since the 'beta demo' release of the game, two forts you can invade. The game never changed and never got a story. I always was under the impression it was a combat engine demo.

As for flying, I don't care. I just can't stand people who can execute charge strikes perfectly and won't stop until you don't dodge. Also I don't like the guys who fitz around me so much that the camera gives me motion sickness.
Aevalad

Postby Aevalad » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:38 pm

worm wrote:I just can't stand people who can execute charge strikes perfectly

So.. you don't like people that are good at the game?

lol jp with ya worm.

rats_
Star Spawn of Cthulhu

Postby rats_ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:16 pm

Vikings! Hell yeah!
(in Aevalads siganture)
Hmm, I hope that superman-in-wheelchair has REAL physics, so that if you freeze some other Supermans other wheel while he's going 340957 kmph, he would fly all around the map.(Notice how I am still talking about flying, I'm on the topic!)
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn !

Return to “General”