No Video output

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out
balajeerc

No Video output

Postby balajeerc » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:12 am

I tried uploading a video of the game to Youtube, there was a message box saying that the game will minimize and upload will happen after. This was followed all the game video disappearing. I gave up on the upload after a while and force quit the game. On restarting, I don't seem to get any video output (i.e. I can see my desktop wallpaper). I can hear the intro music, so the game is running, only I don't get any graphics output. The game was running in Fullscreen mode before I tried the upload. I tried restarting the game but I see no change. Please help!

I am on OSX (10.6.8) and on Steam (handle: hannofcart).
Scorpion0x17

Re: No Video output

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 am

balajeerc wrote:I tried uploading a video of the game to Youtube, there was a message box saying that the game will minimize and upload will happen after. This was followed all the game video disappearing. I gave up on the upload after a while and force quit the game. On restarting, I don't seem to get any video output (i.e. I can see my desktop wallpaper). I can hear the intro music, so the game is running, only I don't get any graphics output. The game was running in Fullscreen mode before I tried the upload. I tried restarting the game but I see no change. Please help!

I am on OSX (10.6.8) and on Steam (handle: hannofcart).

There's a thread around here with a solution - summat about some key combo that toggle between windowed mode and full screen, or something like that... (can you tell I don't use macs?)
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
balajeerc

[SOLVED] No Video output

Postby balajeerc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:44 am

Thanks Scorpion0x17. Toggling to windowed mode did the trick for me. Everything is fine now.
If only this post of mine were approved a little earlier, I wouldn't have had to wait for over a month to start playing again.

Return to “Technical Support”