General discussion about Guile

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

Guile Alpha 2 Released

Postby Omroth » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey guys.

Upgrade

Download http://www.omroth.com/guileAlpha2Update.zip and just unzip over your current folder.

Also download http://www.omroth.com/guile.exe and put it in c:/guile (forgot to put it in the update zip... damn)

Full

Download http://www.omroth.com/guileAlpha2Full.zip and unzip to c:/Guile

(this will probably not be up for a couple of hours... my up bandwidth is a bit puny)

What's New

Mainly gameplay stuff, and if you can possibly play this on a land with someone I would absolutely love you to and give it a good half an hour's play.

First, you probably want to put "charge block" on your middle mouse button, and "charge strike on your RMB"... "quick strike" needs to be on your LMB, it should be already.

Ok, so first is striking. Hit percentage should have gone up massively, but also the system has changed. You no longer need to move the mouse to strike, just click. Left clicking will do a big strike and right clicking will do a small strike, and just in case someone says "WOT THATZ NO FREEFORMZ"... yes it is: you're still choosing your strike from where your sword starts off when you do the strike, you just have a less control of the direction of the strike. I'll probably put this freedom back in somewhere else later, but for now I've found that just clicking and not having to drag the mouse makes the game feel a lot more responsive and a lot less stressful to play. Let me know how it goes.

Second, blocking is now much more auto, with whatever you put "charge block" onto automatically putting your sword perpendicular to your opponent.

If you're worried that these changes really do take away from your swordfighting freedom, I urge you to play and at least base your experience on that. I've played for an hour with Bin this afternoon and we've been really enjoying it.

The server will be up too, but I'm not sure how robust Guile is for pings above 100 right now.
Omroth
Site Admin

Re: Guile Alpha 2 Released

Postby Omroth » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:00 pm

I think I have my answer for how robust Guile over on our server is... not much. Lan if you can!
richygorgan

Postby richygorgan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Hmm, i can't play, my Determinance code dosent let me register so i can't host a game or play single player, and theres not a server up.
"one illustrious disciple " - Ian
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 am

Richy, I emailed you a new key at your richylovesps2games address.
richygorgan

Postby richygorgan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:37 am

Hmm, i haven't reveived anything and the email is right :/. Send it again ill allow spam for a few days.
rats_
Star Spawn of Cthulhu

Postby rats_ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Holy shit, there's a spammer in the forums, and he's even disguised as Omroth!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn !
richygorgan

Postby richygorgan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:29 pm

I got the key and registered, much better now i can hit every time, and if you dont slash with the mouse i don't feel it takes away from the gameplay, i just need to see how blocking works now. Also the map needw to be much more flattened now you cant fly, plus its difficult to hit someone where you on level ground and there on a hill. Maybe its my preference but when i hit someone i dont want them going half a mile away, although i sure this is just left over for Determinance.
merglasch

Postby merglasch » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Also tried it;)
nice for an alpha^^
some suggestions (I know its alpha, but i want to post something:P)
gameplay for me needs to get a lil bit more fluid. Don't like this
->"lookin for good moment and position"
->"slash"
->"back away some metres"
->"look for good timing and position again"
Couldn't test blocking much but will do that later;)
good work so far^^
---------------------------
Sorry for any bad english!
Sorry for any mistakes!!!
take them!you can have them!^^
--Blood for the Blood-God---
---------f***k die Waldfee-
Archa
Chief Modder

Postby Archa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Good point. I think the fight should be more intense, not just close in and out in and out
I'm the moderator of the best Mode7 forum ever. Ok?

Return to “General”