Multiplayer today

General discussion about Guile

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

Multiplayer today

Postby Omroth » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Merglasch and Archa, can you give me any feedback on the game today? I've got to fix some of the mechanics, where you're often no hitting and getting stuck on each other. Apart from that, all thoughts would be good.
Archa
Chief Modder

Re: Multiplayer today

Postby Archa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Well yea, you often dont hit, get stuck, sometimes you jump to the other guy... he lags aside and like he did, jump off the cliff :D i still kind of like freeform hitting better
I'm the moderator of the best Mode7 forum ever. Ok?
merglasch

Postby merglasch » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:18 pm

altough don't havin played that much time, (have to leave in a few minutes;)) i had some fun with these duels :D
I recognized that sometimes you can just keep hitting from left to right and your opponent really gets serious trouble defending your attacks (only thing to rescue you then is the "fly away bug" or some serious block luck).
Blockin works good and intuitive but sometimes you get situations like " I'm blockin so he won't attack or if he does i easily can hit him. He blocks so i'm the one to attack but i'm in the far worse situation like he was before then." And it often really works that way. maybe you shouldn't be allowed to block all the time (consuming stamina, or just workin for 1-2 secs) for the situation not to get stuck.
animations are still alpha i know^^(all the guys are havin some really serious stiff neck problems :lol: )
a little bit more fluid fights would be nice (the only really really fluid one is the situation i mentioned at first and this i think isn't intended;) )
For now i have to say I had really some fun in this "alpha" duels and i'm impressed of that :D
---------------------------
Sorry for any bad english!
Sorry for any mistakes!!!
take them!you can have them!^^
--Blood for the Blood-God---
---------f***k die Waldfee-
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:18 pm

I'll be fixing the hit problems tomorrow... or at least that's my plan ;)
merglasch

Postby merglasch » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:19 pm

forgot something about the hits;)
especially when you're some metres away from your opponent (its not so clearly visible if your near to your opponent) the slash comes too late. That means you hit the other one with your body and then slash him with the sword which does atm look a lil bit strange and makes your hits often a lil bit more unprecise
---------------------------
Sorry for any bad english!
Sorry for any mistakes!!!
take them!you can have them!^^
--Blood for the Blood-God---
---------f***k die Waldfee-

Return to “General”