Stilness and perfect stacked

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

wonderhero

Stilness and perfect stacked

Postby wonderhero » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:16 am

Omroth wrote:Well could I give the penalty *just* when you're *perfectly* stacked?

Can you give this penalty for *perfectly* stacked and stillness (not when they are moving) ?

We had to make a rule on some tournaments: stillness and perfect stacked is forbidden.

OBS:
Why only for stillness ? Because the only way to defeat a stillness SG hidden in a small room is to attack him with 2 moving MG perfectly stacked.
Space Voyager

Re: Stilness and perfect stacked

Postby Space Voyager » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:15 pm

But that goes against common sense... If there is a guy waiting around a corner, he definitely has an upper hand on the draw. I'd support losing attention after a while though - the time for the shot getting longer over time of keeping still.

And you don't need two perfectly stacked MGs to take such a "waiter" out, you can use one for distraction and aiming with another. As you're more aware of than me, if you are the same Wonderhero as the bast... erm, exceptionally good player that rules the global list. That bast... was a joke.
That reminds me; I need to take you on soon. Just to be reminded not to do it for a long time afterwards.

On the perfect stacks I definitely DO agree that game mechanics should simply not allow for such a situation, but I guess it would demand a complete game overhaul (as not to allow it in planning etc). So, a penalty would be welcome.
Space Voyager

Postby Space Voyager » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:17 pm

While we're at penalties and such... I'd love to see a very big bonus for focused aim direction. That too would help in the turtling situations. The turtler usually needs to face in an average direction to cover all entries/windows. The attacker focuses on a corner to corner basis (at least I do) to assure an optimized result against the turtler. That would be easier to do if there was a big bonus for focusing in a direction. Which would IMO be very welcome.
wonderhero

Postby wonderhero » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Space Voyager wrote:And you don't need two perfectly stacked MGs to take such a "waiter" out, you can use one for distraction and aiming with another.

That "waiter" out is shotgun. In small rooms is almost impossible to stop an incoming enemy shotgun without perfectly stacked.
Also if the shotgun is in stillness in defensive mode, you need to know his position first to be able to bait him in dark mode map otherwise he can shot both moving MGs. Even if you know his position he can change it fast and be still again at the start of turn.
Shotgun rules in small rooms.

Another reason to not penalize 2 moving perfectly staked units is that they can perfect staked without your will when they spot an enemy.
So only the intention to perfectly stack your units should be penalized and this is STILLNESS.
Space Voyager

Postby Space Voyager » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Oh, sorry, I missed that SG part. Yes, currently an impossible job.

Return to “General”