Frozen Synapse Legacy Tournament - Final Stage

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Toma

Frozen Synapse Legacy Tournament - Final Stage

Postby Toma » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Dear fellow tacticians,

the road to the final nodes of this tournament is filled with fierce encounters from other remaining survivors. Who will remain victorious through this last
stage of the tournament and whose data will be lost forever in the digital æther?

Below, you'll find the full list of details for the tournament proceedings. You can use this thread for anything tournament related: match ups, feedback on
matches, questions regarding the tournament, congratulations, etc. Please make sure to follow the match/setup rules and keep an eye on your steam
messages/forum notifications for player contact.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st place: Frozen Synapse 2 Closed Beta // Frozen Cortex // nervous_testpilot Discography
              2nd place: Frozen Synapse 2 Closed Beta // Frozen Cortex
              3rd place: Frozen Synapse 2 Closed Beta
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The final round of the tournament will be conducted on both new maps:

We will plan with around 16 days to complete the final stages, but due to the nature of real life, its fine if someone excuses himself for a few days. If your
opponent does not play his turns/react to your match requests, make sure to post that here in the thread, so that I can verify that you win by default. Not
making a move for 7 days
will count as surrendering.

1. Check the picture above for the match ups your Frozen Synapse Account if you have already been invited to all matches
      2. If you have not been invited to all matches yet, invite your opponent to 1 match on each of the new maps
      3. If you want to contact your opponent on Steam, check this list for their profile
      4. Create 2 matches with your opponent and choose the "Kalikovision" map once and "Joa7000" once
      5. Once you finished a match, post your result in this thread with the following format (Youtube link is not required, but preferred):
        Stage: Round of 16 / Quarter Finals / Semi Finals / Match for Rank 3 / Finals
        Match ID: yyyyyyy
        Player 1: xxnamexx - won/lost/draw
        Player 2: xxnamexx - won/lost/draw
        Youtube: linkylink
      6. In case of a draw after two matches, the winner of the Joa7000 map creates a final match on a new map of his choice. Repeat this if needed.
      7. If you finished your matches, you can already create the next match according to the setup in the tournament picture above
      (for example [winner of Agothar v Joust21] - [winner of magicDoer1 v Uminari])
      8. We plan to have this wrapped up by 19th of February. Please make sure to inform your opponents/us here in the thread for longer absences.

Good luck and, most importantly, have fun!
Toma

Re: Frozen Synapse Legacy Tournament - Final Stage

Postby Toma » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Please make sure to read the first post properly, especially the rules. I tried to highlight the most important changes to the group stage.
tommyph1208

Postby tommyph1208 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:22 pm

SSSZmeY will you create our two matches?
I play on iOS and cannot create challenges with the custom maps.
Toma

Postby Toma » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:29 pm

tommyph1208 wrote:SSSZmeY will you create our two matches?

In your case, your opponent needs to set up all matches, also for draws obviously, but if you win the second match, its still your choice, so please communicate it accordingly with your opponent. Just as a rule clarification. ;)
SSSZmeY

Postby SSSZmeY » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Ok. Will do.
RagEua

Postby RagEua » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:09 pm

could we say that the winner of 2nd match is the winner of the Joa7000 map? i think it is important.
Toma

Postby Toma » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:56 pm

RagEua wrote:could we say that the winner of 2nd match is the winner of the Joa7000 map? i think it is important.

Hmmm, that works better, you are right. Otherwise one could stall the end of a match until the other one is finished. WIll adjust the rules.
New rule:
6. In case of a draw after two matches, the winner of the Joa7000 map creates a final match on a new map of his choice. Repeat this if needed.
tommyph1208

Postby tommyph1208 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Toma wrote:

In your case, your opponent needs to set up all matches, also for draws obviously, but if you win the second match, its still your choice, so please communicate it accordingly with your opponent. Just as a rule clarification. ;)

It is actually possible for me to create matches if i dig out a laptop and launch FS through steam..., Im just lazy
And to clarify further, that means that the x number of matches that is needed to resolve a draw also all have to be in the two maps presented here? Not random dark extermination maps?
Toma

Postby Toma » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:40 pm

tommyph1208 wrote:
Toma wrote:

It is actually possible for me to create matches if i dig out a laptop and launch FS through steam..., Im just lazy
And to clarify further, that means that the x number of matches that is needed to resolve a draw also all have to be in the two maps presented here? Not random dark extermination maps?

Yup, only new maps for this tournament.
SSSZmeY

Postby SSSZmeY » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Toma, should we take into account kills when we decide on a result of two matches? IMO it can speed up the tournament.
Toma

Postby Toma » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:39 pm

SSSZmeY wrote:Toma, should we take into account kills when we decide on a result of two matches? IMO it can speed up the tournament.

Not for this stage. In previous tournaments I organized this situation was usually at most resolved with a third match, which is fine tbh. I expect around 30% of the match ups to require a third match, but thats fine, as its only effectively 4 rounds until the finals with less players each.
Queso2469

Postby Queso2469 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:31 am

Just to clarify, do you have to WIN TWO matches against your opponent? Would a win and a tie would push you to the third match, or be a win for the player who won one of the matches?
Last edited by Queso2469 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queso2469

Postby Queso2469 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:33 am

whoops, double post
SSSZmeY

Postby SSSZmeY » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm

What is your opinion about the maps?

For me Joa7000 feels like too much hide-n-seek. Maybe GL was a bad choice for this map? GL presense forces you to avoid grouping and fight in corridors turns to a camping/back-stabbing contest with a semi-random granades factor. SG or RL could give means for interesting close combat tactics though.

PS: I'm not suggesting to change anything during tournament. It's just thoughts for discussion.
Neofelis

Postby Neofelis » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Stage: Round of 16

Match ID: 1383441
Player 1: RADR - lost - 0 units killed / 2 units lost
Player 2: Neofelis - won - 2 units killed / 0 units lost

Match ID: 1383442
Player 1: RADR - lost - 1 units killed / 3 units lost
Player 2: Neofelis - won - 3 units killed / 1 units lost

Return to “General”