Your Best Replays

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Got_Owned

Re: Your Best Replays

Postby Got_Owned » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Just won a game of Charge against Zakski(i believe), rankd 20th on UK1 server. Didn't lose any units, was really exciting! Spent allot of time planning my moves, figurering out how to counter his units.

Think i'll do a commentary about the match, the Export to youtube function didn't work. FS kept crashing...
~ | Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you | ~
icebrain

Postby icebrain » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:12 pm

You can now view and submit best replays on icebrain.net.
I'd like to create a repository of all time best replays for each game type (extermination etc).

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

Majic

Postby Majic » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:39 pm

http://youtu.be/Jo0UJK7OyB0

A game when I was a very low level player [I think 10 or 15?].
It showed me the golden rule of shotguns:

"Just do it."

D
E
W
I
T

Dewit.

Actually it taught me how to 'shepherd' units into an ambush.
If he hadn't pushed to the right I would have used that shotgun to rotate the field of play.
Using my rocket and grenadeer as a pivot and keeping him on his back foot the rest of the game.
Last edited by Majic on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
A gorilla injected with the strength of 80 midgets
Majic

Postby Majic » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 pm

http://youtu.be/LQtoLgHKQHk

Another game I played at a low level [again I think 10-14].
This taught me that no situation is unsalvageable.

He completely dictated my movement the entire game.
Then I figured out a run.
Last edited by Majic on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Majic

Postby Majic » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 pm

http://youtu.be/mFFsJm52jYM

This game shows how to predict units movement based on what you /can't/ see.

At the end of turn 1 I can only see his mg [it's firing at me].
From that, my rocket blast and from my view of the board I know exactly where his sg is and what he wants to do with it.

Worlds most casually thrown grenade.

I also very nonchalantly pin and then kill that mg.

Shout outs to turn 3 mouse holing.
Majic

Postby Majic » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 am

Updated my posts with youtube links.
I've also annotated the game vs Fluff [323243] so you can understand why I did what I did.
ComboBreaker

Postby ComboBreaker » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:25 pm

If you've really launched that nade on purpose than my clap-clap to you good sir.

Usually I make my assault guys to wait 1.8 second before running so they won't get blasted if an opponent makes a guess like this :P
whisky_bravo

Postby whisky_bravo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:25 am

Game 440720

Dark Secure, I lost the bidding and had to attack a corner against opponent with sniper and good lines of sight... so I went all Sam Fisher and snuck my guys in around the back. 200 points in the bag!

Pretty happy with this one; really tried to think strategically and follow an overall plan while being flexible to enough to respond to any unexpected developments.

The difficult part was turn 6, getting my squad around the corner without losing the stillness advantage. So I sent one guy on a decoy run to draw fire and popped the second around to take out whoever might be there... turned out no one was! Game over... 8)
Hurmukka

Postby Hurmukka » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Game id: 386645, played on UK1 i think.

With my last guy up, i was pretty much playing on a hunch and was hoping my guy would get his mg from the window first once the walls came down.

I saw from my plan that i didn't manage to get him, so on to plan b. :)
BrokenSynapse

Postby BrokenSynapse » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:48 pm

This is the shortest game i ever played. The shotgun has just gone grazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTDdLkbIOZA
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 pm

BrokenSynapse wrote:This is the shortest game i ever played. The shotgun has just gone grazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTDdLkbIOZA

Custom map?
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
BrokenSynapse

Postby BrokenSynapse » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:01 pm

This was a usual generic hostage map. My opponent only forgot the positioning of his troops before the match start. But nothing was planned. We couldnt stop laughing in teamspeak.
KitsuneZeta

Postby KitsuneZeta » Thu May 31, 2012 12:44 am

Was doing some offline skirmishes against the AI with different settings to get back into the game.

The setup on my last one was my 4 shotgunners versus the AI's 6 machine gunners on the smallest map, situation spawn.

After about half an hour on the first turn refining my strategy...

Visibility turned out not to matter. The skirmish ended in one turn with a curbstomp of the AI's forces - all 6 machine gunners taken out with no losses.

I actually HAD figured out a way for the AI to survive the first turn (placing two machinegunners on the bottom door would make me lose the shotgunner that went that way), but the AI apparently didn't figure that out.
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:24 pm

KitsuneZeta wrote:I actually HAD figured out a way for the AI to survive the first turn (placing two machinegunners on the bottom door would make me lose the shotgunner that went that way), but the AI apparently didn't figure that out.

The AI's not the brightest of opponents - my guess is it uses a Monte Carlo method, which is known to lead to the AI missing 'obvious' things like that (but then good AI is one of the hardest problems to solve in computer games).
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
KitsuneZeta

Postby KitsuneZeta » Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
KitsuneZeta wrote:I actually HAD figured out a way for the AI to survive the first turn (placing two machinegunners on the bottom door would make me lose the shotgunner that went that way), but the AI apparently didn't figure that out.

The AI's not the brightest of opponents - my guess is it uses a Monte Carlo method, which is known to lead to the AI missing 'obvious' things like that (but then good AI is one of the hardest problems to solve in computer games).

Actually, the part of my plan with the two shotgunners in the bottom left rooms was the first part I figured out, and I only happened upon that possible AI plan about a minute before I primed. It wasn't exactly an obvious counter.

Return to “General”