Wishlist thread

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

brokenvalve

Re: Wishlist thread

Post by brokenvalve » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 pm

I was wondering why it is that when watching replays, only the green team's orders can be viewed. I did some searching but only found this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2142&hilit=replays+green+team

The thread has no replies (and is quite old), so rather than bump it I thought that I'd add the request to be able to see both team's orders to the wishlist thread.
Count_Zero

Post by Count_Zero » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:23 pm

An optional "Quick Play" mode, where once a player has primed their next move, the other player has a limited amount of time to submit theirs. After the time limit has expired (maybe 12 or 24 hours), the active player gets the option to force a forfeit. Perhaps at the halfway point of the time limit, the inactive player could get a reminder (in-game and email) warning them that time is running out.

Making this optional would accommodate both the players who like to play slowly over a long time, as well as players like me, who tend to want to sit down a finish a few complete games in one session. It would also prevent people from abandoning games as soon as they start to lose, which seems to be a trend i'm encountering.
j.scott.wilson

Post by j.scott.wilson » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:18 pm

I know it's been posted on a different topic, but I seriously think there should be color options for the zones - Specifically to help people with colorblindness.

When you can't see the Red zone, it makes planning at the start of the match incredibly unfair.
starfighter

Post by starfighter » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm

ability to choose situation or side vs side games and feature to see opponent's detailed plan with waypoints etc in replay.
thanks.
starfighter

Post by starfighter » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:41 pm

oh, i forgot to mention draw button 8)
teoleo

Post by teoleo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:29 am

but.... I think there will never be an update
Sikboy1029

Post by Sikboy1029 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 pm

j.scott.wilson wrote:I know it's been posted on a different topic, but I seriously think there should be color options for the zones - Specifically to help people with colorblindness.

When you can't see the Red zone, it makes planning at the start of the match incredibly unfair.
This is a must. Having a straight up colorblind mode checkbox in options would be nice as well. I posted my settings in the other thread so there's a good starting point.

viewtopic.php?p=11483#p11483
juansolo

Post by juansolo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:39 pm

That giant loading bar between turns. Way to pull me out of the game, every single turn. How about just a small loading bar in the corner, while I stare at the field and second guess myself?
lostravenx

Post by lostravenx » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:31 am

I just did a search for this but I didn't see it. I have a couple of very minor tweaks/suggestions that may help more than just me. I just bought the game today, and these two minor things sorta' bugged me.

1. Many times I would either right click the wrong unit or I would right click a unit and then change my mind about using the menu. I instinctively hit the Esc key to close it, but alas nothing happened. In most games I've played you can close a menu you opened by hitting this key. The only way I found to close the window without selecting anything was to mouse click outside the menu screen. This caused the menu to disappear.

2. I tried entering the seed "LOVE" into the Skirmish Generator. The end result was a long lit hall with single-block columns lining the way. No enemies were visible, and when the turn was primed, I had gained victory without seeing attackers. I thought maybe it was Easter egg or something. So then I tried entering other words into the seed box, only to get the same results. Numbers worked ok, but it seemed that letters wouldn't work. I checked the in-game help guide to see if there was mention of a limitation on what could be entered in the seed box, but there was nothing there either. If letters aren't permitted/don't work, please include something in the UI and/or the help text indicating that it's limited to only numbers.

Otherwise, I've more or less enjoyed the game after two hours of play in single-player mode. The rocket spam from the enemy is brutal, though, and I seem to lose frequently because of the rockets. I guess I have a lot to learn still about dealing with them.

Regards,

lostravenx
Disparanoia

Post by Disparanoia » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Count_Zero wrote:An optional "Quick Play" mode, where once a player has primed their next move, the other player has a limited amount of time to submit theirs. After the time limit has expired (maybe 12 or 24 hours), the active player gets the option to force a forfeit. Perhaps at the halfway point of the time limit, the inactive player could get a reminder (in-game and email) warning them that time is running out.

Making this optional would accommodate both the players who like to play slowly over a long time, as well as players like me, who tend to want to sit down a finish a few complete games in one session. It would also prevent people from abandoning games as soon as they start to lose, which seems to be a trend i'm encountering.
i would like to see a quick match game mode as well
Iori Branford

Post by Iori Branford » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:46 pm

I would like to have the resolution automatically match the desktop resolution.
juansolo wrote:How about just a small loading bar in the corner, while I stare at the field and second guess myself?
The same for "PLANNING PHASE" and "OUTCOME" splashes as well, then also the Outcome can start playing immediately rather than wait for the splash to fade.
bambuzzle

Post by bambuzzle » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:25 am

I would like it if the blood matched the color of your units, and wasn't just red.
jhawk

Post by jhawk » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:53 pm

My wishes for outcomes/replays:

Speed adjustment
Please add a feature to play replays of turns and finished games at a slower pace, like 1/2 or 1/4 of the regular speed so we can better see what's going on with each unit.

(This feature must have keyboard shortcuts if implemented!)

Enemy orders
I also really want to be able to select opponent's units (after the whole game is finished) and see what their orders are.

Turn-by-turn context for plans
I think it would be a little more revealing of what each player's strategy was for every turn if the units' orders/plans were highlighted somehow to mark where a turn starts and where it ends. The way it is now (one uninterrupted chain of orders from start to finish of the game) makes it look like it was all one plan (which isn't true of course since plans change from one turn to the next depending on what happened in the previous turn).

I also have a small request to not put the camera right on top of the surviving units at the end of a replay. I don't see the point of viewing them so closely when all the action has stopped. Instead I would like it to pan out to show the entire map.

Edit: There is something that occasionally annoys me. It is not possible to switch to a previous turn and prevent the simulation of that turn from automatically beginning to play. When I hit the button to reset the simulation of a previous turn it brings me back to the beginning of the active turn. That makes no sense, it should reset to the beginning of that turn (and stay paused). It is of course not possible to simply select a point in the timeline to jump to (whether playback is currently running or not) like with most video editing applications and video players. So there is no way I can look at the first tenth of the first second of a previous turn unless I get lucky by quickly tapping the space bar after selecting that turn at the bottom, but that's not as easy as you'd think. I think a "scrubbable" timeline is in order.

Also, please fix the bug that when no unit is selected (which happens when you select a unit which dies during playback) the keyboard shortcuts for resetting the simulation don't work!
Last edited by jhawk on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
arrjayjee

Post by arrjayjee » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:56 am

I signed up just to add a +1 to support for an Android version. I'm currently typing this on my TF101 and would gladly pay full-price again to have it on this device. I'm even using it to listen to the soundtrack right now.
Action83

Post by Action83 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:12 am

Please make the Hostage game mode's Rescuer Spawn and Hostage Escape zones more different in color. Also tell which zone is which better in the Help file. Today I read the Help file and checked the Tutorials, and was sure my opponent would spawn on Green zone, but instead he spawned on the zone what seemed to be more Yellow to me.

Now I'm confused and have no idea where the Rescuer can spawn...

Topic:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3708
Last edited by Action83 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.