Wishlist thread

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Warlock

Re: Wishlist thread

Postby Warlock » Thu May 30, 2013 9:01 am

Elevations. Places where the line of sigh is wider (ie a tower with two or three floors).
Warlock

Postby Warlock » Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 pm

First of all to say I´m really impressed with FS :D , one of the best games I´ve ever played. Here you are quite a few ideas that add tactics improvements. Perhaps some of them could be easily adapted.

1-More realistic troops speed depending on the weapon carried: Fast speed: Riot shield.
Medium speed: Shotgun, grenade, sniper rifle.
Low speed: Rocket, Machine gun (LMG).

2-Bulletproof vests. It weights around 3 kg., the user requires two shots (instead of one) to be killed. Only fast/medium speed units can use them and their movement is reduced one in scale (from fast to medium or from medium to low).

3-More realistic effective weapon range: Shotgun: 100 metres; Grenade launcher: 150 m; Rocket launcher 300-500 m; Sniper rifle 1000 m; Machine gun (LMG) 1000 m. (these ranges are just an approximation of modern weapons). IMO weapons range must have a proportion between them, so a sniper rifle has ten times longer range than a shotgun; a rocket launcher half than a LMG, etc.

4-New weapon: Carbine/assault rifle (range about 500-600 m), bullet weapon for medium ranges.

5-Pistol as additional weapon for grenades, riotshield and rocket; particulary useful in close defense situations for these units. The weapon has about 40 metres range (half than a shotgun),

6-The possibility to put fixed heavy machine guns (HMG) on maps. Only allowed to machine gun users. Lethal weapons with more accuracy than LMG but cannot be carried.

7-The possibility to drop a weapon to gain speed and also to be able to get a similar hand weapon on the map (ie from a dead guy).

8-The possibility to throw hand grenades (Range 30-35 metres), specially cool if the granade user has drop the launcher.

9-Trenches or bunkers on the map. More protection than common obstacles.

10-The possibility to include barbed wires and Anti-infantry mines on the map.

11-The possibility to put Light armoured vehicles (to carry infantry) on the map. It can only be broken down or destroyed with grenades and rockets.

12-Slower speed when units move duck.

13-Dark zones on the map (visibility reduced significantly). Also the possible existence of switches to light up some zones.

14-New weapon: Flamethrower. Range 50 m. Movement: Low speed.

15-Opened or closed doors on the map.

16-Non-human opponents: Humanoids, robots, animals, monsters, aliens...
Desidero

Postby Desidero » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:52 am

Now that the game works on tablets, it'd be nice to have wifi-direct or bluetooth offline play instead of just relying on hotseat mode. Hotseat mode is a great feature, but it'd be much nicer if we could play a bit faster using multiple devices if everyone has one. This would be great for things like car and train rides.
Hell Diguner

Postby Hell Diguner » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:20 pm

I found an old text document on my computer that I created about a month after Frozen Synapse was released. I may as well post it.

-Players can simply not finish a game to prevent a loss on their record. This is not acceptable. If a player does not submit their turn after a map configurable amount of time (min 1 week, max ~3 months ?) the game is forfeited to the opponent.
-The multiplayer match results screen should let you select the two players to view their profiles. Instead, a player must search their name, find in in the friends list, or find it in the multiplayer lobby. This is annoying.
-Menus should remember what tab you were last in, and return you to that tab. In particular, leaderboard tabs and player game tabs.
-In-session singleplayer games do not save on a per-turn basis like multiplayer games.
-Add a forfeit option - make it statistically different than a draw or a loss.
-Score has no visible impact on rank. Please add an indicator of how much score a player must gain/lose to increase/decrease in rank.
-In-game achievements. Because not everyone has Steam.
-In-game private messages, or some other way to leave a message for a player if they are not online or in-game
-Add link to forums and the FS website in the home screen. May as well...
-Featured game of the day should prefer mid-to long games which were not draws. I've seen too many featured games that are 2 or 3 turn matches where a new player is slaughtered.
-Singleplayer hard mode. Opposite team always is given an extra vatform or two, and smarter AI's are used earlier on in the game.

-Create a way to generate random buildings and let users place them in the level editor. Basic move, rotate, and streach would be great.
-User created campaigns. Make some degree of support for them please.
StatusJones

Postby StatusJones » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 am

I might well have missed something and am being an idiot, but iOS notifications would be nice
MangoFusion

Postby MangoFusion » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 pm

StatusJones wrote:I might well have missed something and am being an idiot, but iOS notifications would be nice

IOS notifications will be available in the next iPad update.
spivee

Postby spivee » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:53 pm

Okay the main thing that I really want is an even more advanced level editing design, (I want a lot, but any addition would make things better) to make for some even more customizable, or perhaps story based matches. (Being able to make advanced levels for singleplayer would also be good.)

But I do have a bunch of the 'gameplay' ideas that not many people really care about, so I will contribute them.

#knife
An extra-close range vat-form, which can run at least as fast as the riot shield, for some really spooky dark mode stealth kill potential.

#tripmines
Plantable, basically just for the rock paper scissors style fun of the rockets and grenades, but dark mode exclusive. As a result you would have to be paying attention to where such a device might be planted, and where they want you to think it would be.
It wouldn't have to kill the player who steps on it, even if it just indicated that it had been hit so that the player who planted it was aware of an enemy, it could be fun.

#Fog mode
Even darker than dark mode. Not only do you need to have line of sight, you also need to be in suitable range of an enemy to see them. It would almost definitely need to take how accurately a vat-form is looking at an opponent when deciding visibility. This would also work as a Red mutator, in light mode as well.
The reason that I like this idea is that sniper rifles should be able to kill opponents without being exposed by a simple check. The check would need to be in an accurate direction to see rifles from across the map. In full I just want a simpler way to see enemies without them seeing you. Perhaps if one vatform can see an enemy then any vatform with normal LoS conditions can shoot it (thus using shotguns or riot shields to spot for rifles! :D )

#Undercover agents
This is the most far-fetched idea that I'll contribute;
the possibility for enemy vat-forms to be "undercover", allowing you to see their line of sight, and at the start of a turn you can take over, I think that when you take over it will automatically add an ignore status to all enemy units, for safety, and if your opponent doesn't notice what you do, perhaps you can remain undercover.
This idea in particular works well with the other mentioned ideas.

#More terrain
This idea likely gets contributed a lot, but a dynamic terrain system would make some settings very fun. The level generator implications of this might be too drastic, however I would love to play with these in a manual level editor, and would settle for that.
The idea is that terrain has an upper and a lower section, at the moment the upper section can either be empty or full, and the lower section can only be empty if the upper section is also.
What if the lower section wasn't dependent on the upper section, and either section could have the following states:

~Unit passable
open air, anything can travel through it.
~Explosive passable
Anything excluding vat-forms can travel through, including bullets. This just represents circumstances that you don't want to walk through, chancey faults in walls, etc.
~Bullet passable
Can be shot through, but noting else. Explosives will also explode or bounce on contact. This represents barbed wire, thin walls, etc.

These don't take dark mode into account, perhaps visibility could be another modifier.

So having the bottom passable would (as you may expect) allow vat-forms to move through while crouched, and having the top passable might mean for the addition of vaulting obstacles.

That's it...
The terrain idea in particular I think I will develop, even if it is the most hopeless. Maybe I'll just use it in my own game some day.
folifurieuz

Postby folifurieuz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm

I literally only have one thing I would want changed with this game: it is perfect in every other respect as far as I am concerned. In the campaign, when I am completely immersed in the story and ready to complete my objective, whoever is giving me my objective tells me I have "[X] turns" to complete my task. We know that a turn represents 5 seconds, so why not say "you have [Y] seconds to complete this task"? This is just an issue of immersing myself into the story: it's breaking the fourth wall to talk about "turns" and I think it would give a healthy sense of the speed at which these operations take place and subsequently a thrill of urgency without actually being urgent (given that the game is turn-based). I understand that one would have to calculate how many turns Y seconds is but even if the turns required were in brackets beside the number of seconds that would be more immersive than the characters flat out telling you that the operation is turn-based. Other than that, perfect game. I am eternally grateful.
TurtleDroid

Postby TurtleDroid » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:12 pm

I'm not sure if this is too over powered, but allowing rockets to hit the floor to explode?
I've had situations where all I have left is a rocketeer, against an MG. All the MG has to do is stay away from walls and cover points to eventually find me and win.

Other than that, I'd say a deus ex style mission where you have multiple paths into a certain area, along with cameras and such that you must hack or avoid, would be an awesome campaign addition.
yoink

Postby yoink » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Can we have some sort of feedback system for players?

It seems like 90% of the 'Find me a game' games I'm having are just with people who never take a turn... or will take 1 a day before the 2 month limit is up just to drag it out as much as possible. It's really irritating and I'd like to avoid players who do that.

If that's open to too much abuse, how about a separate 'play now' playlist where the turn timer is set at 2 minutes?
Gandalf8

Postby Gandalf8 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 pm

yoink wrote:Can we have some sort of feedback system for players?

It seems like 90% of the 'Find me a game' games I'm having are just with people who never take a turn... or will take 1 a day before the 2 month limit is up just to drag it out as much as possible. It's really irritating and I'd like to avoid players who do that.

If that's open to too much abuse, how about a separate 'play now' playlist where the turn timer is set at 2 minutes?

Hi yoink,

actually, it's a two week limit, but I agree that having to wait for so long can be very unnerving. On the other hand, I'm a rather slow player myself, and I would consider a time-limit of two minutes per turn as *much* too short.
However, your idea goes into the right direction. Much like in Chess, there are people who like quick battles, and others who prefer the epic story. As usual, there will be lots of intermediate positions between these two extremes. Personally, I like to review my turns quite thoroughly, and because my spare time is limited, I often do not manage committing more than one turn per day.
Anyway, the FS client currently does not support distinguishing these different play styles, and I agree that this would make a highly-appreciated addition. Users should be able to set their preferences (something like "Preferred turn-time" (none/minutes/hours/days)), and the matchmaking system should respect this setting.

CU, Gandalf8
Fleuri

Postby Fleuri » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Gandalf8 wrote:
yoink wrote:Can we have some sort of feedback system for players?

Hi yoink,

actually, it's a two week limit, but I agree that having to wait for so long can be very unnerving. On the other hand, I'm a rather slow player myself, and I would consider a time-limit of two minutes per turn as *much* too short.
However, your idea goes into the right direction. Much like in Chess, there are people who like quick battles, and others who prefer the epic story. As usual, there will be lots of intermediate positions between these two extremes. Personally, I like to review my turns quite thoroughly, and because my spare time is limited, I often do not manage committing more than one turn per day.
Anyway, the FS client currently does not support distinguishing these different play styles, and I agree that this would make a highly-appreciated addition. Users should be able to set their preferences (something like "Preferred turn-time" (none/minutes/hours/days)), and the matchmaking system should respect this setting.

CU, Gandalf8

If you manually set up the match, you can also add timelimit for commiting the turn.
zoople

Postby zoople » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 am

Possible to get the tablet controls on PC?
gnomius

Postby gnomius » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:31 pm

I think that I read somewhere that you were considering adapting the game for phones. Is this true?

I play FS on PC and my Android tablet, but it's my Android phone that I carry everywhere. And I would LOVE to be able to play it on my phone. :D

Thanks!
sarah-dimio

Postby sarah-dimio » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:13 pm

I wish I can play to DAOC again asap, damn I miss this game.
Codes promotion | My-beez.com

Return to “General”