Wishlist thread

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

wonderhero

Re: Wishlist thread

Postby wonderhero » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:58 pm

whisky_bravo wrote:I tried to read through all 30+ pages but I could have missed this idea already being posted:
How about the ability to watch replays through the eyes of the squad? Maybe have the screen divide into 4 (or whatever the number of squad members) and play their individual viewpoints simultaneously? Wouldn't really serve much purpose other than to be cool I guess...

It was already specified in this thread. This feature will be very welcome.
HwoDragon

Postby HwoDragon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Scorpion0x17 wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned already (or if it's in the game already (I must admit I don't know evey last nook and cranny)).

'Tactical Analysis Mode' - whereby one is given full control of both red and green - no opponent, no AI - this would allow one to more fully test possible scenarios, and outcomes.

Think of it as a kind of advanced training mode where one could, for example, figure out methodologies for defeating, for example, perfect stacks, under various circumstances.

I like that idea
HwoDragon

Postby HwoDragon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 pm

ComboBreaker wrote:
HwoDragon wrote: If the firefight starts at the end of the round, it continues over and I'm basically doomed. Being able to run from a firefight after engaging would also be useful for distracting enemies, engaging in the fight just long enough for another soldier to get through, and then running off to do something else.

If firefight starts right at the end of the turn,you can save your vatform by using "continue on sight" command which stops him from shooting.You can run away and try to fight back later.

Thanks for support!

Really? That doesn't work for me. When I say Continue on sight when he's already engaged, he just stops shooting, but doesn't move where I tell him. Just stands there until he gets shot.
Maybe glitch? I only tried it once
whisky_bravo

Postby whisky_bravo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:19 am

wonderhero wrote:
whisky_bravo wrote:...How about the ability to watch replays through the eyes of the squad?...

It was already specified in this thread. This feature will be very welcome.

Sorry, it was indeed:

Epicurus wrote:[feature: first-person view]. It would be a really cool feature if it were possible to see from a unit's perspective in first-person from a given point...

I should have done more than a quick skim!
synthed

Postby synthed » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned: Any thoughts about a cell phone version (Android/IOS/WP7)? This would be the PERFECT game to play on the go, as long as the UI could hold up on the smaller screens.

I would pay full retail price if such an awesome game existed.
bubleeshaark

Postby bubleeshaark » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:07 pm

synthed wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned: Any thoughts about a cell phone version (Android/IOS/WP7)? This would be the PERFECT game to play on the go, as long as the UI could hold up on the smaller screens.

It's coming out on iPad this year (a few months?) and then they're going from there :P
bubleeshaark

Postby bubleeshaark » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:11 pm

I would like to see more customization on the control scheme. Ability to switch between the arrows and WASD for example.

Also, I think it'd be cool if holding a key down (like shift) and clicking somewhere would add an "aim" point where clicked.

I would also like to change the shortcuts for duck to a different key, etc.

:)
bubleeshaark

Postby bubleeshaark » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Okay here's an awesome idea that would take a lot of work to program:

Once a unit dies, it's weapon is dropped where it's dead. Now, any unit can optionally pick-up/exchange weapons with that dead unit if they choose. There are a few instances where a dead unit would not drop its weapon: if a rocket or grenade killed it.

This would have to be an optional gameplay mode, of course.

Secondly, you could have a match where all units start out weapon less, and pickup weapons as they go. Or you could have all units except for one weapon less.
synthed

Postby synthed » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:08 am

bubleeshaark wrote:
synthed wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned: Any thoughts about a cell phone version (Android/IOS/WP7)? This would be the PERFECT game to play on the go, as long as the UI could hold up on the smaller screens.

It's coming out on iPad this year (a few months?) and then they're going from there :P

AWESOME
MrLate

Postby MrLate » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Have anyone suggested hand grenades in this thread? I just though hand grenades would be an interesting addition. Units would only have 1 grenade to avoid spam. Grenade range is also very limited.

Flashbang for the Machine Gunner
Flashbang blinds units in small area for 2-4 seconds, depending how close to the explosion those units were and if those units were looking at the explosion. Blinded units can't shoot and they move much slower than usually. Useful against that pesky shotgunner camping in a corner.

Smoke grenade for the Shotgunner
Smoke created by smoke grenades would block the vision though the smoke. Area which get affected by smoke is quite small and duration is about 6 seconds. Units in the smoke cloud get decreased accuracy and they can't shoot outside the cloud. Smoke grenade would allow shotgunners to rush though an open area easier.

Incendiary grenade for the "Grenade Launcher Guy"
Explosion by incendiary grenade kills units in small area instantly. After the explosion flames will appear which will burn for 6 seconds, killing anyone who wants to go though it. Incendiary grenades can be launched from the grenade launcher.
bubleeshaark

Postby bubleeshaark » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:43 pm

It's been already suggested and in my understanding it's actually in the file system. It's just not a standard unit.
MrLate

Postby MrLate » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:37 pm

2nd timer which can't get interrupted.
i.e. timer tied to game clock.
rodeoclown

Postby rodeoclown » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:58 pm

I'd love to be able to re-prime after making any tweaks if my opponent hasn't already submitted their turn.
So many times, as soon as I prime, I see a small tweak I could make. This would be awesome.
kagento

Postby kagento » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but there is one thing that I think would be a great addition:

-Some players leave their matches unfinished if they see they are going to lose or simply that they were just trying out the game and left a match half way. This can result in a huge list of active games that are probably never going to be finished. I was kind of thinking if a sort of win for absence is possible? Maybe make it like a 15 days or a month or so just to give people enough time in case they've just been busy.

Otherwise, Cracking game guys! Keep it up!
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:32 am

kagento wrote:Hi!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but there is one thing that I think would be a great addition:

-Some players leave their matches unfinished if they see they are going to lose or simply that they were just trying out the game and left a match half way. This can result in a huge list of active games that are probably never going to be finished. I was kind of thinking if a sort of win for absence is possible? Maybe make it like a 15 days or a month or so just to give people enough time in case they've just been busy.

Otherwise, Cracking game guys! Keep it up!

This was implemented (as a two-week timeout resulting in a win for the last person to prime a plan).

However for some reason I am not aware of, it may have broken.

I believe the dev's are aware of the problem.

I don't know if a remindy is currently being worked on.

I suspect it's either not being worked on, or was deliberately disabled, becuase there are currently issues that cause some games to be un-finishable.

I dare say it will be fixed in the future.
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.

Return to “General”