Wishlist thread

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

BinaryChimp

Re: Wishlist thread

Post by BinaryChimp » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 am

Hi,

Only spent about an hour in single-player and tutorial so far but some early thoughts - some of these are borderline bug/feature requests.

* I'm running at 2048x1152 (or something like that) - the UI elements in the front-end seem to be constrained to a small area in the centre of the screen, would be nice if that restriction was removed (or fixed if it was unintentional).
* As mentioned elsewhere - an exit button (in full-screen) would be good - yeah, who wants to stop playing but sadly I have to work and sleep :-) I've also had a couple of issues exiting with the exit button / ALT-F4 - no solid repro as yet though - will report in the bugs forum if I get anything specific.
* Don't seem to be able to change your account password?

More to come as I properly get into playing.

Cheers

Greg
vfig

Post by vfig » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Koreg wrote:[Game Play] Ability to force gunner to fire ala rocket launcher, but for Machine gunner (suppressive fire?)
This is exactly what I was wanting for my MG who had a terrible starting position in game -91030 (in the bottom left). Regardless of the orders I gave to my MG, every test I made with the enemy SG going in the door ended up with the machine gunner dead. The only idea I had would be to have my MG aim out the door, blind firing, while retreating to the upper right of the large box (to get cover from MG to left).

Still, while covering fire would have been handy there, I think that poor MG was doubtless doomed anyway. Occasionally the random starting positions just suck.
Deman

Post by Deman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:41 pm

A demo. So you can try the game before pre-ordering.
Koreg

Post by Koreg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:07 pm

More ideas! A way to have your men "look" instead of "aim" for grenadiers/rocketmen so they look in certain directions for dark matches, but don't fire.
Jayhawk

Post by Jayhawk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:47 am

Koreg wrote:More ideas! A way to have your men "look" instead of "aim" for grenadiers/rocketmen so they look in certain directions for dark matches, but don't fire.
You can do this by holding ctrl and clicking where you want them to look. Can do this anywhere on the movement 'line'. Unless I got it wrong? Still, handy tip to know. :)

edit: would love to have the game remember its last sound volume on exit.
Ramsar

Post by Ramsar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:46 am

It would be nice if the game could be minimized to the system tray and a pop-up would then warn whenever a new turn is available. (Handier than the e-mail notification system in my opinion)
niio

Post by niio » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 am

One thing I'd like to see implemented is a random name generator,from a dictionary, for the matches, and maybe the possibility to rename them after the match. Numbers are harder to remember, and i like to go review some matches

ah, and I second the movement sound system motion.

-Giovanni/niio/Diotisalvi
Last edited by niio on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nexx

Post by Nexx » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:10 am

When viewing the replays of dark games I think it would be useful to have the ability to the view the game from the perspective of either side so that only enemy units in line or sight are visible, like in the real game. Perhaps just make them all visible and then if their in LoS make them a darker shade of red or something? Would be useful for working out where I judged LoS wrong and make it clearer why the move was executed the way it was for spectators.
Faxmachinen

Post by Faxmachinen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:24 pm

How about making "continue on sight" the default while running? I use that pretty much every time I run somewhere. Having it default to "engage on sight" mosly just leads to cheap kills of newbie units and the occasional unit lost to forgetfulness. Additionally, having it default to "continue on sight" actually makes "engage on sight" more worth doing while you're on the run.

Now that I think about it, how about being able to set the defaults yourself in the options?
Ramsar

Post by Ramsar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:14 pm

The result of a game shouldn't be posted on the message board before the 2 persons playing the game have actually seen their last turn.

While switching between games, I saw on the board that I lost one of them, before I actually re-opened the game. Suspense killer to say the least...
On a similar note, the prime button shouldn't change to red before the turn is fully played out.

For the rest...a dangerously addictive game :D
Last edited by Ramsar on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slazza

Post by Slazza » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:13 am

1920x1080 resolution support please.
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:13 am

Hi Slazza.

I will put that in the menus, but for now you can activate any resolution by changing $pref::video::resolution in frozenSynapse/common/preferences/prefs.cs

Ian
Slazza

Post by Slazza » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:43 am

Omroth wrote:Hi Slazza.

I will put that in the menus, but for now you can activate any resolution by changing $pref::video::resolution in frozenSynapse/common/preferences/prefs.cs

Ian
Sweet, Cheers.
Zetty

Post by Zetty » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Not sure if this has been suggested, but it would be cool to have an option to continue a match that looks like it'll stalemate. Make it so that both sides have to agree.

Also, an additional option (to the above or to game modes) to have reinforcements enter after the original number of turns have expired. That might encourage players to take more risks in flushing out that last enemy.
LemmingLord

Post by LemmingLord » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:04 pm

It would be nice to have an easy way to set some options when creating matches against specific people (i.e. when challenging a friend) such as number of turns, number of units, or types of units. Basically, the kind of options you can set when making a server for, say, a PC FPS. Not having to futz with the map editor to get a game that I want is my #1 feature desire.

Other than that, great game, loving the beta.