Wishlist thread

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

makr

Re: Wishlist thread

Post by makr » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 am

bobodahobo wrote:[UI] FS Communicator: Mostly just a matter of cleaning up the multiplayer interface, but something I'd like to see is a little status/communication bar at the bottom of the screen, a lot like the Facebook bar. It would notify you to new challenges/games, new turns, messages, friends online, and let you jump between games easily (in addition to changing your game status).
I was going to suggest something like a personal filter for the feed that shows only the items that concern the player directly, but this is a much nicer solution!
Koreg wrote:Also, in match chat would be awesome.
You can chat with only one person by doubleclicking their name in the chat widow but I've only seen that used once and that time I didn't notice the second tab in the chat window until about an hour after the game ended.
Some kind of notification that someone is talking to/about you while your chat window isn't open would be appreciated.
0xT

Post by 0xT » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:22 am

friend list =D

[hope this isnt already in the game and i missed that too >< ]
Tom O'Bedlam

Post by Tom O'Bedlam » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 am

I don't seem to be able to use the IRC chat. It's always blank for me.
0xT

Post by 0xT » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:58 am

Tom O'Bedlam wrote:I don't seem to be able to use the IRC chat. It's always blank for me.
What nick are you using ingame? Mine wouldnt connect because my name started with a number so I had to change it inside IRC to be able to connect.
Tom O'Bedlam

Post by Tom O'Bedlam » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:14 am

TomOBedlam

yeah for some reason everytime I try opening chat either nothing happens or the game crashes.
0xT

Post by 0xT » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:19 am

Hm, I guess you could send them your log, maybe they can spot something [~/FrozenSynape/console.log]
BlackLabel

Post by BlackLabel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm

hi guys...

i was wondering if it might be feasable to add leaning. So that the guys can lean around corners, either to peak around to get FOV or for controlled burst. This could maybe limit theamouth of salvos the ( for example ) the MG guys could fire but they whould be less prone to enemyfire.

Whould add another layer of tactics imo.

my 2 cents... 8)
Drakkheim

Post by Drakkheim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Minifig wrote: Came in here to say sort of the same thing, specifically I'd like the ability to give units a "speak" order that causes them to pop up a speech bubble with the (short) text I entered.

It is really frivolous, but I like the idea of my gunner popping round the corner, shouting "Surprise!" and blowing someone away :)

Ideally you'd be able to give speak orders to downed units as well, for post mortem congratulations: "'tis only a flesh wound".

Two possible ways to deal with speech in dark games, either speaking give away your unit's position, or not, the former is more realistic, but discourages the social interaction, The later obviously is the inverse.

Cheers
Minifig.
Came here to say exactly that.
And for hidden unit speech, how about just putting them in a narrators text box instead of a chat bubble and then just align it along one edges of the screen depending on where the speaker is in relation to the middle of the map.
Braiyan

Post by Braiyan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Hello, and sorry if it has already been proposed (or meant to be added).
I thought, if it's not too much work, it could be nice to add a LAN mode (maybe dual screen, in order for the players not to see each other's action's ?), so one could play at home with a friend ?
0xT

Post by 0xT » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 pm

settings menu =D
Plum

Post by Plum » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:48 am

Sorry if this is already posted, I did look I promise.

I think Om has already mentioned adding time limits to turns. How about rather than simply ending the game and spoiling what might have been a sweet victory and an enjoyable replay, why not have the team get impatient when they don't receive orders and have an AI controlled turn. The AI is good enough that it won't swing the game at all - if the panicking team are way behind or way ahead then having the impatient AI controlled team likely won't change that, but it will give a more satisfactory finish to the game than simply ending it.

This gives the active player a slight edge as they will normally be able to outplay the AI without punishing the inactive person harshly for missing a single turn. So long as they get back before their team gets impatient on the next turn, they can pick up roughly where they left off.

This could also be extended so that when a player genuinely forfeits a game, the AI takes over automatically, but the active player is informed on their next turn and allowed to claim the victory immediately, or choose to play it out.
Plum

Post by Plum » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:34 am

A nice feature in most of the online poker games that I think could fit here is the ability to tag notes against an opponent.

I just played a game against a very defensive player and from a glance at his previous games, that seems to be his preferred style. It would be nice if next time I'm asked to start a game with him there's an option to view a couple of lines of text that I added last time I played him. I could also use this to make negative notes against a player if for some reason they annoyed me and I didn't want to play them in the future.

Yes, I could just write all this stuff down in a notepad but it would be nice to have it integrated :)
Tom O'Bedlam

Post by Tom O'Bedlam » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:13 am

Plum wrote:A nice feature in most of the online poker games that I think could fit here is the ability to tag notes against an opponent.

I just played a game against a very defensive player and from a glance at his previous games, that seems to be his preferred style. It would be nice if next time I'm asked to start a game with him there's an option to view a couple of lines of text that I added last time I played him. I could also use this to make negative notes against a player if for some reason they annoyed me and I didn't want to play them in the future.

Yes, I could just write all this stuff down in a notepad but it would be nice to have it integrated :)
+1

Thats a really nice idea actually.
kiberkiller

Post by kiberkiller » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:24 am

We need checkboxes for our favorite gamemodes.
I like both Dark Secure and Dark Extermination and i'd rather play them 2 at random when i seek a game but i can't since i can only chose one of them.
Same thing with Light and Dark, some people maybe like Hostage, no matter what the "color" is.
VGrossman

Post by VGrossman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 am

It would be nice also to have the ability to see Red teams plan also on the replays to learn from others.