Demo/try version?

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Deman

Demo/try version?

Post by Deman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi,

I just found out about this game and it looks fun and all. But there is no way to get into the beta without pre-ordering. However my problem is that I don't want to pre-order yet because I think, I will like the game for a while and than get bored and don't play it any more. However I cannot test this since I am not in the beta since I didn't pre-ordered.

I'm not that very rich so I prefer a other solution instead of having to pre-order first before you can actually try the game.

Hope you guys have a solution for me.

Greetings,

Deman
limavictor426

Re: Demo/try version?

Post by limavictor426 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Why dont you watch some games on you tube. I think that will give you a good idea if you want to play.
"Good play inspires luck,bad players moan about it"
Deman

Post by Deman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:51 pm

limavictor426 wrote:Why dont you watch some games on you tube. I think that will give you a good idea if you want to play.
I already did but a video doesn't makes up with playing it yourself. But my prob is that the game probably gets boring very quickly. Normally you find out in a demo which you play like 1000 times that it ain't exactly where you are looking for.

But there is no demo... -.-

For example, I bought left 4 dead 2 it was all hyped and stuff like that. I watched every single video on youtube and when I played it I got bored of it after a month and never played it any more.
If there was a free week or a demo than I would have noticed this and didn't buy it.

Edit: I could make a video for you and place it on youtube. My account doesn't has that many subscribers only 58.
limavictor426

Post by limavictor426 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:07 pm

I can see your problem. maybe a demo will be implemented in the final game. I got bored with L4D2. Shame because L4D was and still is brilliant.
Trouble is in my experience its not usual to have a demo which will give you the full experience.The demo for L4D2 was one small section of one of the maps. It gave a good idea of play but did not give the whole experience, if a demo did that no one would pay for the game. There is always a element of risk in buying a game as you really wont experience the full game until you pay for it. I think if you are looking at longevity no demo will give tell you that and you just have to take the chance :D
This kind of game dosnt suit everyone. If you are looking for a game where all the fun is in pitting your wits against other players and honing your skill then you wont get bored. :D
"Good play inspires luck,bad players moan about it"
blenderer

Post by blenderer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:21 pm

You can only kill so many brain-hungry zombies. Then it just gets ridiculous.
"We forgot to add a quit button."
-Mode 7's first step at brainwashing us
Jayhawk

Post by Jayhawk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 am

It's not the full version yet. Only beta. You want a demo of beta? The videos on youtube, of which there is many, shows the gameplay good enough. Your best bet is to hope that someone is willing to share his extra key with you which is the full game. Or you could even get the game cheaper by only paying half with your friend for the two keys.