Point question and others

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

xgreen

Point question and others

Post by xgreen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Hey everybody,

just got the game and love it! I just played a round (-87974 (is it normal, that the game numbers have the minus in front of them?)) and "lost" to rav3n, even though I exterminated his squat. It was a round of hostage rescue (I also learned that I can place my units ^^). So I was wondering why I lost in that case?

Also wondering if it's normal that option settings aren't saved after leaving?
Or is there a "quit game button"? (couldn't find one so far)
Or is it normal that the battle field stays in the background when I switch back to the lounge?
And that the game crashes from time to time?

I know this is an early beta, and it's amazing! I'm just trying to figure out what's normal for the game and if I need to tweek my system a little.

Thank you for any answers, looking forward to some great matches!
Greets
xg
Blindsight

Re: Point question and others

Post by Blindsight » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:24 pm

xgreen wrote:Hey everybody,

just got the game and love it! I just played a round (-87974 (is it normal, that the game numbers have the minus in front of them?)) and "lost" to rav3n, even though I exterminated his squat. It was a round of hostage rescue (I also learned that I can place my units ^^). So I was wondering why I lost in that case?
Hey! Welcome. Glad you are enjoying the game. So am I! :)

I would suggest you take a browse through the forums, bugs sections specifically, because you will find a lot of your answers there. I'll go ahead and fill you in here though.

As for the loss if you kill all of the defenders in a hostage games, that's a bug that is being addressed. You should have won, obviously. :)
Also wondering if it's normal that option settings aren't saved after leaving?
Not sure what settings you are talking about actually.
Or is there a "quit game button"? (couldn't find one so far)
Nope. That will be addressed.
Or is it normal that the battle field stays in the background when I switch back to the lounge?
Yes, that's normal.
And that the game crashes from time to time?
Obviously shouldn't happen. If you can try to find out what might be a cause, it would help of course.

Hope that helps!
VexingVision

Post by VexingVision » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:43 am

Blindsight wrote:
xgreen wrote: Also wondering if it's normal that option settings aren't saved after leaving?
Not sure what settings you are talking about actually.
The settings (audio, video, fullscreen-mode) will be saved if you close the game (in windowed mode hitting the X). If the game crashes or you alt-f4 it, changes won't be saved.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:23 am

So... there's no way to save the changes from fullscreen mode?
I solve my problems with grenades.
zoog

Post by zoog » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Pandarsenic wrote:So... there's no way to save the changes from fullscreen mode?
There is (kinda), press alt + enter (this will make it window mode but with your full screen resolution), now you can quit pressing the cross. When loading the game, just press alt + enter again and fullscreen turns back on.