The soundtrack

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

VexingVision

The soundtrack

Post by VexingVision » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Hey nervous_testpilot,

Just letting you know that while "Module" didn't do a thing for me, I absolutely love the Frozen Synapse soundtrack and can't wait to see... err... hear it in game. Very, very well done even though it's still not my kind of music.

However, is it possible to change the initial distorted ten seconds of the first track to something slightly more appealing? I tried it out on two different computers, and I'm still not certain that it's not a bug in the codec.

Otherwise, nice. Really, really nice. Personal favorite: Schism, though without the beginning, "A Functioning God" would be the first choice.
Paul

Re: The soundtrack

Post by Paul » Sat May 01, 2010 9:08 am

Hey,

Thanks for this - glad you like the soundtrack!

Module is a crazy little album I made with the worst equipment in the world when I was 16 - some people REALLY like it, other people hate it - that's why it's in the bundle! The crossover between people who will like both sets of music does exist, but it's not 100%.

I think you're talking about the intro to A Functioning God - that's intentional, I'm afraid, not a codec problem!
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
VexingVision

Post by VexingVision » Sat May 01, 2010 3:12 pm

I figured it's not a codec problem - but it does sound like one to me, which is an unpleasantly jarring experience to me. :)

By the way, I assume the license for the tracks is the usual stuff? No sharing, no commercial use, please ask the author if you wish to use it for any fan-made videos, that kind of stuff?

Figure it'd be a neat soundtrack to put under all those YouTube vids.
Paul

Post by Paul » Sat May 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Yeah, I haven't stated this explicitly but I'd rather if people didn't share and obviously commercial usage isn't permitted. I'm totally happy for anyone to use them in any kind of YouTube video etc as long as they credit us and link to http://www.frozensynapse.com.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games