Frozen Synapse promo video

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Schaulustiger

Frozen Synapse promo video

Post by Schaulustiger » Sun May 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi there,

since I had a day off with no work and nothing better to do, I created a short promo trailer for Frozen Synapse. I think the official ones lacked some cool showcase of what frentic action our beloved game of choice can provide.

So, without further ado, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjrdvyGYP2s

Tell me what you think.
smart bunny

Re: Frozen Synapse promo video

Post by smart bunny » Sun May 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Lol, I think it's excellent!! 8)
Ramsar

Post by Ramsar » Sun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Nice video!

I'd love to have that greyscale environment of the beginning as an option in-game :)
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Sun May 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Love it!
Logo

Post by Logo » Sun May 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Awesome. Got some great shots in there.
Simulate: the answer to all of your problems.
Paul

Post by Paul » Sun May 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Dude, this is amazing work - seriously. We concentrated on the cerebral strategy side for our trailers, but this is a really interesting direction.

Was very impressed with the audio - is that your own stuff?

And yeah, the greyscale thing is fucking great - I want to see if we can do that.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
zoog

Post by zoog » Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 am

Awesome video. For the next one (yes, you must make another one 8) ) I would recommend something along the same lines, but with more tactical movement (less grenades and rockets), a bit more (speeded up) planning parts (like an overview of all waypoints of one side for one turn, stuff like that), but still keeping the pace of this one.

Very nice!
Schaulustiger

Post by Schaulustiger » Mon May 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks for the great feedback, guys! Sorry for my bad english by the way, but I'm not a native speaker.

I just patched a few ideas together in that video but I think that Frozen Synapse has a great visual potential for some kind of "best turns/plans" movie. It's clean, clear and the action plays out nicely. I sincerely hope that my rather mediocre attempt will not be the only user-made movie.

@Paul
Nah, wish I could make music like that but my talent is elsewhere ;) The track is from Celldweller and while I don't like his normal songs he is doing some absolutely marvellous instrumental stuff which is ideally suited for promos, trailers and the likes. The official FS soundtrack is great, but it was not really suited for the imagery that I had in mind. I absolutely dig the official trailers, by the way, and I see the motivation behind them. It's just that I'm more of a "short and flashy" guy which probably comes from my inability in storytelling back in the days when I shot "real" film ;)

@zoog
My first idea was to create something that shows both sides: careful planning and the resulting mayhem. I didn't have enough time, unfortunately, so I was stuck with a rather short clip that just showed some of the beautiful fire fights. I do plan to do a longer and better planned FS movie, though. If I just had more time...
Paul

Post by Paul » Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Well we think this is absolutely brilliant! I linked it in my most recent ModDB post which will come up later today.
Paul Kilduff-Taylor

Mode 7 Games
Epicurus

Post by Epicurus » Mon May 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Ramsar wrote:Nice video!

I'd love to have that greyscale environment of the beginning as an option in-game :)
Me too, big time.
zoog

Post by zoog » Mon May 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Schaulustiger wrote:@zoog
My first idea was to create something that shows both sides: careful planning and the resulting mayhem. I didn't have enough time, unfortunately, so I was stuck with a rather short clip that just showed some of the beautiful fire fights. I do plan to do a longer and better planned FS movie, though. If I just had more time...
Sounds good. Can't wait for more videos showcasing the game. These kind of videos really help pushing people to buy the game :)