Uneven Loadouts

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

VexingVision

Re: Uneven Loadouts

Post by VexingVision » Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 am

Just chiming in: When players play the same map twice (with switched teams), you'll still have the unevenness because the player who plays the "stronger" position last has an advantage - he already knows how the map plays itself.

For me, I like the unevenness. A few maps have caused me to groan in despair before starting to make plans, but so far I haven't seen a single situation yet where I was in an unbeatable situation. Even if it means spending the first turn Running and Ducking to get into a stronger position - or, if I see that my unit will die anyway, at least I can try to distract the enemy with it and get a shot into his back.

For the screenshot you posted, Lima, I actually think that Green's stronger. Red has a base down there, but the lone gunner has no chance to survive - and if you manage to maintain your three units while taking him down, you either win the match outright or force Red to leave it's base.
Oddball

Post by Oddball » Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 am

Omroth, as with LV's comments. its my view of the potential this game has that i make the comments on and glad you have daily interaction with the community.
this game has filled a large void that has been missing a long time, and see this community being a good one not a fanboi zone. keep up the good work :D
Ramsar

Post by Ramsar » Wed May 05, 2010 1:21 pm

limavictor426 wrote:Image

This is one example, even if I could make it to cover its not going to make for a fun game.
Hi Lima,

Do you happen to know the game number of this one? I think I played this one myself and didn't do so bad as the green team. Could be completely mistaken though :)
zoog

Post by zoog » Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Ramsar wrote:Hi Lima,

Do you happen to know the game number of this one? I think I played this one myself and didn't do so bad as the green team. Could be completely mistaken though :)
limavictor426

Post by limavictor426 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:43 pm

I dont know the number, its on my waiting list and dosnt give the number as I havnt played it yet, sorry. Looks like Zoog does though :D Im going to play it eventually, its getting on my nerves sitting on my waiting list LOL :lol:
"Good play inspires luck,bad players moan about it"
zoog

Post by zoog » Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 pm

limavictor426 wrote:I dont know the number, its on my waiting list and dosnt give the number as I havnt played it yet, sorry. Looks like Zoog does though :D Im going to play it eventually, its getting on my nerves sitting on my waiting list LOL :lol:
Stuff is doable on that map. Load my game vs Dina to see the first move in top left, I messed up my guy to the right (just ran into open fire), but I was able to get the opponent in the top left. From that point on you are already ahead score wise (if you don't run into enemy fire with your guy on the right like I did). If I planned a bit more carefully, used my man in the right top as decoy (keeping him alive but attracting enemy fire), while moving my other guys to the down left and into the building I'm sure I could have dealt a lot more damage.
Ramsar

Post by Ramsar » Wed May 05, 2010 7:29 pm

As I remembered, I won my match on that game (my number is 85859). Partially thanks to my adversary though... :D