Is there a way to play XXl Matches?

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Larkis

Is there a way to play XXl Matches?

Post by Larkis » Mon May 03, 2010 3:55 pm

For examples Hostage 10-15 Figures on every Side, bigger Maps and 20 rounds and not only 5. :lol:

I love Frozen Synapse, but it woudl to be cool to play it... bigger.^^
Cultiststeve

Re: Is there a way to play XXl Matches?

Post by Cultiststeve » Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm

I would also like this, or possible 2v2 matches?
Surge

Post by Surge » Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 pm

This would be a nice addition to the game. Varying size maps, from the size of the ones we currently have, to much larger ones with a larger number of units per side. There is just soooo much potential in this game, and I absolutely LOVE it. Please please please look after it :), and keep addition new features.

By the way, this is my first post. I read a preview of the game on Rock Paper Shotgun, and as soon as I finished the article, I pre-ordered.
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Tue May 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Surge, thanks for the kind words.

I will be adding more "expansive" options as we go along, certainly including support for bigger and longer games.

Ian
Surge

Post by Surge » Tue May 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi Ian.

I have a question regarding the mechanics of the game. Is the combat actually simulated with projectiles and accuracy and all that, as it is in Laser Squad Nemesis, with the bonuses just improve certain things under the hood, or are the bonuses that we see when someone is firing the biggest deciding factor and a comparison of different variables is taking place place, with the weapon fire animation just thrown on top for the awesomeness?

I hope you understand what I mean when I ask this. I'm thinking along the lines of Laser Squad Nemesis again, forgive me if I repeat myself, as in that game the mechanics of shooting someone was detailed very well in the manual, which involved unit accuracy, distance and projectile speed, and an actual projectile path being calculated to determine if a weapon would hit or not.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » Wed May 05, 2010 1:24 am

Surge wrote:the bonuses that we see when someone is firing the biggest deciding factor and a comparison of different variables is taking place place, with the weapon fire animation just thrown on top for the awesomeness?
This.
I solve my problems with grenades.
zoog

Post by zoog » Wed May 05, 2010 8:21 am

Once some kind of Single Player campaign is in the makes you could even make buildings several stories high, with stairs you can use to go to a new map which is the next floor. You can have like a 3 story building with hostage takers in it and you need to sweep everything. Add some tactical aids in the mix like flashbangs etc. Would be very nice. This could of course also be done for multiplayer.