[Map]Scrap Station v1

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

noClue

[Map]Scrap Station v1

Post by noClue » Thu May 06, 2010 9:54 pm

The Map:

I got in the mood to play a larger map. Sadly the generator only makes quick 5 turn games. So I ended up creating this. Every little room can be entered, however, I tested some pathing and a few times you need to shift click your way in, no idea why.

Since the map is larger and since I possibly added too much... I expect issues to arise with balance, though we shall see. I was debating on whether or not to keep the rocket launcher. I figure I may as well put one in the game to see how it effects the map. I think he may be important because I specifically added few entrances to buildings. So he's going to play a huge role of not only uprooting enemies but creating safer paths into buildings.

The Team:
2x MG, 2x Sniper, 2x Shotgun, 1x RL, 1x Grenadier

The Loading:
To use map just download and unzip to FrozenSynapse/psychoff/data/encounters, then Create Game, select Advanced Setup. Click Load Level, find ScrapStation.enc and press the Submit button after loading the map.

Feel free to throw your thoughts out there no matter how harsh ;). I expect the map will need some changes.
Attachments
ScrapStation.zip
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Waking up early is like having two days.
ImageImage
DrazharLn

Re: [Map]Scrap Station v1

Post by DrazharLn » Mon May 10, 2010 1:25 am

Downloading, I'll test this tomorrow, looks really interesting :)
Lyx

Post by Lyx » Mon May 10, 2010 9:16 am

I predict that the sniper and the rocket are the most valueable units on that map. Sniper because units need to move long distances without cover, and rocket because there is a lack of entrances.

How did you make the map so perfectly symmetric? AFAIK, the editor has no grid and no group copy-pasting?
Lyx: "Wot? Why do i lose that one?"
Chem: " if(playerIsLyx()) chanceOfWinning *= 0.3f;"
Lyx: "Damnit om!"
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » Mon May 10, 2010 12:23 pm

The sheer number of walls makes the rocket ridiculously valuable here, doesn't it?
I solve my problems with grenades.
Surge

Post by Surge » Mon May 10, 2010 2:20 pm

That map looks amazing!

Is there a rudementary manual/guide/readme for the editor available anywhere? I've had a look at it, but have gotten nowhere.
DrazharLn

Post by DrazharLn » Sun May 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi again, been meaning to comment back here. The map looks good, but I never got round to finishing a game. 8 units each? That's a huge number! I'll try it again another time, but it's a map that clearly demands some time to play.
TheBeefiest

Post by TheBeefiest » Sun May 30, 2010 2:13 am

How did you add/change the units? I cannot figure out how with the editor.
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Sun May 30, 2010 9:14 am

It's on the right click meny Beefiest.

Ian