THE LATEST VERSION OF FS

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

THE LATEST VERSION OF FS

Post by Omroth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 am

The latest version of FS is now live - just download using your original download link. If you have lost it, please go here:

http://www.mode7games.com/support/getURL.php

Thanks,
Ian
Grave

Re: THE LATEST VERSION OF FS

Post by Grave » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:25 pm

New version is great! It's a big step forward.

Thank you very much!
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Glad to hear it Grave, thanks ;)
limavictor426

Post by limavictor426 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:45 pm

I like it...just have a few questions. Is there a thread somewhere explaining whats new. I dont understand what my number means..Im 59???? whats that all about. Also I cant find my archived games,even ones ive just finished.
Is the posting stats at the start of the game a prelude to handicapping the points system?? Im not too keen on telling one player he's more likely to win before hes even started unless the other player has a points advantage. Thats not a great incentive for a newbie.
The units are coloured red and green but no longer says whos units belong to who. I know green is me but would a newbie know that??
Im not dissing the new set up. I like a lot of it and I know its not the finished item. Its just if im a bit confused Im probably not the only one :?
"Good play inspires luck,bad players moan about it"
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Hey Lima.

The number by your name is your "level", and is just a quick indicator of how experienced someone is - it's a function of number of matches and number of wins.

As for the "Favoured" thing, that's just a feature we like. I don't agree it's a bad incentive - I just think it's fun and maybe even a good incentive. But I'll note your dislike!

It says in the top left who is green and red - I'll keep an eye on if people have a general problem with that though..

Your archived games - if you click on "Profile" and then "Match History" at the bottom it should load a list, and you can double click on that to load a game. There are a couple of bugs with this so apologies if it's not working for you.

Ian
limavictor426

Post by limavictor426 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Great thanks for that :D

So whats the deal with top games?? My list shows my "top games" and theres also a featured game on the start menu..

As far as the "whos most likely to win thing" I just think it will make for more boring games..this game has always had a strong "camping" stratergy with some players and telling someone they are going to get their butt kicked is not going to change that.

As you must realise im showing an interest because I like this game....no negatives heres, just want to know the score :D Wouldnt bother you if I could read about it somewhere :shock:

Its also great to talk to the "boss" and im very grateful for your response :D
limavictor426

Post by limavictor426 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Match history is not happening at the moment dude..just thought you had better know...I just get the choice matches thing and games that are not finished..(in my case thats games my opponent hasnt finished LOL)
Cyron

Post by Cyron » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 pm

limavictor426 wrote:My list shows my "top games" and theres also a featured game on the start menu..
Top games is an interesting feature. It seems to be a case study of games I've lost badly :)
Briankbl

Post by Briankbl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:12 pm

I am coming back to FS from a long hiatus. The new update is GREAT! One question, though - and this may have been in previous versions(?) - how do I add a game to my favourites list?

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks Brian. You need to "like" them in the post-game screen (load the game then click on "results")
wonderhero

Post by wonderhero » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:04 pm

I can't access submit button in multiplayer ADVANCED mode!
Also 4 buttons (down-left corner of screen) are overlapped.
Thank you!

I've just find out didn't work for 800 x 600 resolution, but for 1024 x 768 it works.
Dray

Post by Dray » Sat May 07, 2011 10:48 am

No reply yet :(
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Sat May 07, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm sorry Dray - have you mailed me?

Ian
starmonkey

Post by starmonkey » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 am

So if you're not using steam, how do you follow releases of FS? This sticky in the general forum? Your blog?
Cyron

Post by Cyron » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:59 am

Starmonkey, when a new version is released the game will tell you you're using an outdated version.