Any Australian Players around?

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

RaG1n

Any Australian Players around?

Post by RaG1n » Tue May 31, 2011 1:50 am

Hey guys,

I'm looking to meet some frozen synapse players on a more frequent basis than your regular match making. If you're an aussie player or in +10 timezone (or if you play during what would be an eastern Australians evening) I would love to form a group of some kind that will play together on a regular basis. I also host a ventrilo server so we can use that to have chats.

Add me on steam by using the username: manm
MSN/Google Talk: your.habib@gmail.com

Thanks =D

update:

I have created a Steam group for us Aussies! Please join and invite any of your friends
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ausfs

Also on the look out for officers to help me maintain the group. Please PM me or message me personally on steam if you're interested in the rank. You can email me during work hours at ali.ghosn86@gmail.com . If you email me, please quote frozen synapse officer ... or something along those lines in the subject so I know it ain't spam Cheers.
Last edited by RaG1n on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cyron

Re: Any Australian Players around?

Post by Cyron » Tue May 31, 2011 11:23 am

Well, I'm in Brisbane. Happy to be part of something!

Edit - Goes double now that you've kicked my arse :)
stabbyjones

Post by stabbyjones » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 am

I'm in Brisbane too.
I'll be playing fairly regularly and probably all queens birthday weekend next wekend (while drinking)

I don't use steam though because i'm on linux, are steam games allowed to play normal pc users?
LutherBlissett

Post by LutherBlissett » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 am

Even more "Brisbane" here.
Have to wait until the family are in bed before giving this a proper go.
What server do you all play on?
RaG1n

Post by RaG1n » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 pm

I play on UK1. How about yourself? I guess the majority will win if we're going to stick to one server.
RaG1n

Post by RaG1n » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:51 pm

edit: text removed and added to header post
Last edited by RaG1n on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starmonkey

Post by starmonkey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Rag1n from GotGames? :)

Fair few aussies around...
RaG1n

Post by RaG1n » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 pm

starmonkey wrote:Rag1n from GotGames? :)

Fair few aussies around...
That exact one from team NoQQ :) I haven't been around for a while
stabbyjones

Post by stabbyjones » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm

I started playing on uk3 but I've only played 3 games so far so i'm not terribly attached if everyon'es on a different one.
RaG1n

Post by RaG1n » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 am

stabbyjones wrote:I'm in Brisbane too.
I'll be playing fairly regularly and probably all queens birthday weekend next wekend (while drinking)

I don't use steam though because i'm on linux, are steam games allowed to play normal pc users?
stabby I don't think it matters once you've connected to a server in-game, I'm quite sure that you will be able to play us regular joe's that use windows or mac machines, you're just going to miss out on the steam group stuff (until they have steam for linux, I guess *shrug*). Perhaps we could also use MSN or google talk to contact each other in addition to steam.

So far I'm seeing people playing on UK1, not that I really care which server we play on but I it would help a lot if we were all to agree on which server would be our main server and possibly a secondary server to use.
LutherBlissett

Post by LutherBlissett » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 am

So does latency not matter with multiplayer? I've only being playing skirmish and single player atm. But I selected one of the Texas ones to reduce potential latency. Happy to move to the UK though... it's where I was born ;)
RaG1n

Post by RaG1n » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:33 am

LutherBlissett wrote:So does latency not matter with multiplayer? I've only being playing skirmish and single player atm. But I selected one of the Texas ones to reduce potential latency. Happy to move to the UK though... it's where I was born ;)

LutherBlissett, latency does not affect your gameplay. Once both players submit their turns the server receives them, processes them and sends the results back to the players (or so it seems to happen this way). In other words. your actions are not real time (the beauty of this game :P). The only way latency would affect gameplay I guess would be data transfer time to server (not really a big deal in most cases).

If there are bigger performance benefits on the U.S servers I guess we can always move :) I've played on various servers and haven't noticed any difference so far.
LutherBlissett

Post by LutherBlissett » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:05 am

Well i'm going to hit UK1 then next time. Maybe we could have a US alternative server? I saw a message somewhere last night about a list of alternate servers if the main ones get overloaded. Haven't looked at them yet. Have only had about 1hr of time to play this thing and not on multiplayer yet. Think I would like a bit more practice but it looks like a keeper. :D
RaG1n

Post by RaG1n » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:21 am

Sounds good, hit me up for a match sometime :) Looking foward to it.
stabbyjones

Post by stabbyjones » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:37 am

cool, uk1 it is then. i really like how detached this game is from steam/os version, the PBEM aspect works really well. :)

i'm moving house this weekend but i'll see you all during the week when my net is hooked back up on monday.