THE MODE 7 HOTLINE

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

wonderhero

Re: THE MODE 7 HOTLINE

Postby wonderhero » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:32 am

Short and to the point Zlabi pointed out exactly what this game needs to shine.
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Zlabi wrote:I see no reason to punish players for not playing though, as Scorpion0x17 suggested.

Did I suggest that?
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
Zlabi

Postby Zlabi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Scorpion0x17 wrote:...and in fact my gut reaction was to think just docking them a point per day, or per week, or whatever, permanently for as long as they don't play.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:Yeah, I understand, wonderhero - like I said, initially I agreed with you, a would have even welcomed a more harsh penalty than you are suggesting, but, the point I'm making is that I can now see equally valid points on both sides of the argument.

Now that I read it again, "suggest" may be the wrong word for it. You just threw the idea out there :D .
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Zlabi wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:...and in fact my gut reaction was to think just docking them a point per day, or per week, or whatever, permanently for as long as they don't play.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:Yeah, I understand, wonderhero - like I said, initially I agreed with you, a would have even welcomed a more harsh penalty than you are suggesting, but, the point I'm making is that I can now see equally valid points on both sides of the argument.

Now that I read it again, "suggest" may be the wrong word for it. You just threw the idea out there :D .

Ah, right.

It was wonderhero that was suggesting docking points from people who don't play.

I was saying that whilst I initially, on gut reaction, agreed with that stance I no longer, after giving it due consideration, did.

Basically, it doesn't actually solve what is, in my view, an essentially non-existent problem.
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
unMourned

Internal Server Error

Postby unMourned » Sat May 04, 2013 2:10 pm

Lately, I have seen more people on the North American server than I've seen in the past few months. During the past two weeks, I've been unable to send moves, read news feeds, or do anything online due to "Internal Server Error" messages popping up. It's not happening all the time, but much of the time.

What's going on?

Thank you,

Paul
-unMourned
zarakon

Postby zarakon » Fri May 17, 2013 5:40 pm

I stopped playing a while ago because of a common bug where turn results would retroactively change after I already submitted the next turn.

Decided to give it another go now that it's been a while and the ipad version is out.

Second game I play, same bug. A turn ends with an enemy in sight, a split second before my guaranteed kill-shot. I submit the next turn, but then the turn before that changes, and the guy that I had a guaranteed kill on isn't even in sight anymore because my guy is in a slightly different position, with a wall in his way.

How is this bug still around? It really needs to be fixed :(
Abyssal_Knight

Postby Abyssal_Knight » Wed May 22, 2013 3:44 am

Been 6 months since this was posted, thought I would repost it - brilliant, says it all! I cannot stress enough how important I feel this is for the longevity of the game. Most of my friends no longer play because of just this reason, and have told me they will not return until/unless this is implemented.

Zlabi wrote:Hi!

I stopped playing FS a while ago because of lack of time, but i plan on starting to play again as I really love this game. What's holding me back are some well known issues so I'm gonna take a stab at them. It's been over 6 months since the devs last responded so it cannot hurt to refresh your memories.

First of all, Two-week-timeout. If you can't fix this at least tell us what's the problem with it. Why is it so hard to declare the person who primed his turn the winner? I have no experience in game designing or server handling, so if there's a reason please enlighten me. I really want to know. My feeling is that it's not beeing worked on.

Option to accept or decline a game and option to state a reason why I declined a game. Reasons should be clear by now.

Showing ELO expectations (how much can i loose/win in the worst/best case) before the game and affect of ELO after a game has been finished. It would even be enough for me to implement an ELO-calculator in the game that uses the currently active algorithm. Wouldn't be ideal but I could work with that for a while. Rank matters to me and I want to know what happens to my ELO.

Showing clearly what active games I have and how long it was since the last turn was taken. I could actually live without this and it's definitely not as pressing as the two above, but it belongs here anyways.

Last and least, as I think this is really way under the priority of the above, the rank freezing. Making a player invisible on the ranking after not finishing a game for X months cannot be that difficult (as before, no expert and happy to be proven wrong :) ). It would really raise the spirit of players, if they can get higher in ranking without having to beat the score of long gone players. I see no reason to punish players for not playing though, as Scorpion0x17 suggested.

Cheers,

Zlabi

Just back to the game after a year away - left for just this reason, hoping it would be fixed by now. Alas, no such luck. Currently 39 of my 189 games are unfinished/abandoned by my opponents - thats over 20%. Kind of discourages playing to know that 1 in every 5 matches you start will NEVER be finished! Been hearing the "2-week-timeout is coming soon" for near on 2 years now, and still nothing.

All respect to the devs, FS is still a great game, but like Zlabi I can't help but feel that: "If you can't fix this at least tell us what's the problem with it. If there's a reason please enlighten me. I really want to know." So do I. "My feeling is that it's not beeing worked on." My feelings too. Mode 7, you have acknowledged both here and at 'visiting the village' that your fan's main beef with you is your lack of communication. I don't care if you don't intend to fix it for another 12 months or more, I'll always come back to FS, I love this game - but at least be open and honest about what exactly is going on. Don't just fob us off with another "We'll be implementing that soon/next/tomorrow/blah, blah, etc, etc." I can point to posts where you've said that 2 years ago.
Please, if it's really in the (immediate) works, give us an ETA you are prepared to honor. If not, just say "Sorry not anytime this year/in the foreseeable future/whatever".
AktarusHD

Postby AktarusHD » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Hello Mode7,
I have got a big problem, to my opinion a bug in the game. In the game 791426 is something I do not understand. In my last turn my machine gunner dies before he can get in the room, killed by the machine gunner at the far end of the level. The problem is that in the demo mode my machine gunner reaches into the room so that he can kill the grenade launcher and the machine gunner who killed my first MG would be distracted so that my other MG can kill him.
As one can see the machine gunner at the far end of the level does not change position at all, so it should have turned out like in the demo mode. But it did not. That is really frustrating. You make up a plan, everything seems to work out, but because of that bug the ending is different to the demo mode, although nothing has changed.

Can you explain that to me ?

Greetings
Aktarus
andsoitgoes

Postby andsoitgoes » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:02 am

I bought the iPad version at lunch, excited to play the game. I had hoped the red DLC was going to be ready straight away.

I don't have the PC version, but I want to play this with my friend in a coop fashion. I can't as it is, as I don't want to risk buying it on steam and being unable to tie it to my account...

I know this may not be an imminent issue, but the thing is I want to give you guys MORE MONEY, but I can't :(
andsoitgoes

Postby andsoitgoes » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:22 am

I just saw a tumbleweed.

Is no one manning/womaning this thread anymore?
Zlabi

Postby Zlabi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am

Well you definitely posted in the wrong thread. It says in the first post:
"- This is not a technical support thread
- We want to hear about issues that, in your opinion, affect the whole community, from high-level players to newbies"

If I remember correctly there is a button on the main page that says "Activate DLC". This should give you the option to activate it on your iPad once you have the code. Also if you encounter any problems support@mode7games.com will be able to help you out.

@AktarusHD:
Also wrong thread :D
I cannot see what you were shown in the demo mode, but to me it looks obvious that your MG is gonna die the way it moved. If it had gone out of sight of the enemy MG by running behind the wall and then turning back, it should have been able to reach the room I guess. Can't really help you in this matter, sry.
xtrm

Postby xtrm » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:19 am

I read the guidelines in the opening posting and I don't know how many people are affected by this, but since it is a game breaking problem that prevents me and my friend from playing the game at all and nobody from Mode7 has reacted to it for over half a year, I hope this thread will help the situation - PLEASE take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6719
Kron-OS

Postby Kron-OS » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:45 am

Did you ever try to write an email to support@mode7games.com?
xtrm

Postby xtrm » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Yes, before I made the previous posting, no reply so far. By the way, I am at the same mission in singleplayer right now, it's not bugged there.
duckwit

Postby duckwit » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:46 pm

The Global Leaderboard has been inactive since early this week. Evidently this forum has seldom been well-frequented but, alas, I still pledge hope to the possibility that a developer will read this.

Without the ELO rating system, FS erodes further into a dysfunctional and empty shell of potential - the carcass for a brilliant creature that could have been.

I ask only for answers:

Will the Global ELO system be restored?

If it is to be revived, how soon can we expect this? Will games that we play in the interim affect our standing?

Are any updates scheduled for FS in the next year?

Return to “General”