iPad version

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Maetco

iPad version

Postby Maetco » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:23 am

There hasn't been any information about the release or advancement of the version in months. Does anyone know anything? The biggest questions I have are:

- Are the pc version and the iPad version cross-compatible meaning can one owning the pc version play against someone owning the iPad version?

edit: Anwering my own question: "Mode 7 have confirmed that the iPad version will have fully cross-platform play" http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 75716.html. Though it's not really an official source.

- When will it be released? Not asking a release date but a month or even a quarter.

I've noticed how the forums have emptied from devs so either they have abandoned the FS ship or they are REALLY focusing on the development of the iPad version.
ghostzen

Re: iPad version

Postby ghostzen » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:21 am

I don't know. I do know the devs don't like people asking that question. I think they literally threatened to stop all development at one point if someone asked it again.

It's kind of a shame. I want this game so bad and I love the pc version so much... I think the devs are stressed out though. Any job where you have fans is frustrating because you can't please everyone.

I just hope it comes before next year. I dream of frozen synapse from anywhere... :)

Maetco is that your in game name? I'll add you and play a few rounds against you if you want.
Maetco

Postby Maetco » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:18 am

That sounds bad. I have been wondering about the facts that:

- there hasn't been any patches for quite some time.
- devs don't seem to post forum comments anymore.
- there hasn't been any news, sneak peaks, etc. about the iPad version since July.

The devs having some sort of a breakdown would explain all of these but sure hope that's not the case.

The funny thing is that I don't even have an iPad nor am I going to get one but this game just feels like it's meant to be played on a tablet and an iPad version could hugely increase the community size which would be really nice.

Yeah my "FS name" is Maetco. I might not be able to play a lot in the following week (fulltime job + working on my master's thesis) but 22.10.-> I would love to become the mop you use when sweeping the floor.
SatanicDuckLord

Postby SatanicDuckLord » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Bump

Any news yet?

/trolling the dev team :P
Maetco

Postby Maetco » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:12 pm

SatanicDuckLord wrote:Bump

Any news yet?

/trolling the dev team :P

Actually, after months of silence, in October Mode7 was awoken. They started a closed beta. In this mont they reported about the result of that beta and something about what they'll change based on the info the received during it. So it's looking a lot better now.

Return to “General”