Copyleft Query

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Rushyo

Copyleft Query

Postby Rushyo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 am

I've attempted to include a video still from one of the videos uploaded to Creative Commons automatically by the game on Wikipedia, however it has been deleted and rejected from Wikimedia Commons on the grounds that the game itself is not Creative Commons (a horribly broken argument, but Commons doesn't have the whole 'consensus' thing that Wikipedia has, so it stuck).

My query is if there is any evidence that could be presented which would validate the CC status of the still from the video which was uploaded by the game and, if not, if such a clarification could be provided? Unfortunately people are loathed to take the time and effort to understand how such licensing works when they can simply reject it out of hand. I'd like to provide some kind of evidence that asserts what should already be evident, that the videos are Creative Commons.
Scorpion0x17

Re: Copyleft Query

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Is the video on YouTube?

If so, would not a link to said video suffice?
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
Rushyo

Postby Rushyo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 am

Wikipedia isn't a forum. The image is for an article (specifically, the Frozen Synapse article) for encyclopaediac purposes.
Scorpion0x17

Postby Scorpion0x17 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 pm

What I meant was if the video is on YouTube and has been labelled as Creative Commons, then would not a link to said video be all the proof you require?
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.

Return to “General”