Question regarding challenges

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Leet-Pete

Question regarding challenges

Postby Leet-Pete » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 am

Hey, I was just wondering something. I've read about how walkover works for games that go inactive, but if I receive a challenge that I don't load up (don't play the first turn) will it count as a loss by walkover? And if so, does it still count as a loss if the game is "hidden" in my 'active games' list? If so, then something's terribly wrong, as I won't be able to reject a challenge. But if that's not the case, then great! :)
Leet-Pete

Re: Question regarding challenges

Postby Leet-Pete » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am

Oh, and this leads me to another thing.. As I understand it, challenges can be received in two different ways; the first lets you choose whether or not you want to accept the challenge, but the other only has the "take me there" and "stay here" options. Why is this? Why are they different?
Jimmeh
Forum Wrangler

Postby Jimmeh » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi,
There are two ways of doing challenges. One is to send one directly to a player (this brings up the Stay Here/Go There Now dialogue) and this is done either by another player or automatically by the server if you say you want to play a game now. The other is called an open challenge and these are selected from a list, rather than being assigned.

You don't need to worry about potentially losing a game by walkover/timeout unless you've committed a turn.
Leet-Pete

Postby Leet-Pete » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Alright, thanks for the reply!
BigBobr99

Postby BigBobr99 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Jimmeh wrote:
You don't need to worry about potentially losing a game by walkover/timeout unless you've committed a turn.

You really don't

Return to “General”