Saving challenge settings

Chat about anything and everything Frozen Synapse

Moderator: Admins

Nikodaddy

Saving challenge settings

Post by Nikodaddy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi,

I'm quite new to this game so bear with me if this has already been asked..

Is it somehow possible to save the simple challenge settings like round limit/turn length somehow? So far I only play with friends and we don't want the standard 8 round limit; so every time I challenge I have to setup advanced settings and change it there.. But then there's the problem of me having seen the map already and possibly choosing the better starting position(I don't, but it nags me that might be brought up)..

Am I missing something or am I the first to feel like this should be a part of the game? :)

TL;DR: I want to save turn limit so I don't have to set it in a custom game every time?
Maetco

Re: Saving challenge settings

Post by Maetco » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:21 am

To my knowledge the answer if no.

Two possible work-arounds.
1. If you're doubting yourself then just choose randomly which player you are, no need to fear of always choosing "the better" starting position.
2. If you're doubting your opponent then make a deal where the challengee has the option to turn the tables and re-challenge the original challenger if s-/he feels the challenger has an advantage. This removes the incentive of creating unfair maps. In practice this means:
- you have been challenged, you check the map and see it's unfair for you
- you don't commit any turns to that match
- you create the same map in 'advanced' using the match number and choose to play as the player who has the advantage

Hope this helped at all.
raniadoll

Re: Hello everybody!

Post by raniadoll » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:55 am

I also noticed that the red traffic light is by no means a guarantee to not receive challenges, but let's this part of your question be answered by a developer.
Scorpion0x17

Re: Hello everybody!

Post by Scorpion0x17 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:58 pm

raniadoll wrote:I also noticed that the red traffic light is by no means a guarantee to not receive challenges, but let's this part of your question be answered by a developer.
A small amount of time spent with Google will find you the developers official statement(s) on this, but, how I understand it to work is as follows:

Red means "do not automatically match-make me with anyone, but people can still challenge me directly".
Amber means "auto-match-make me with someone based on the game types I've chosen".
Green mean "auto-match-make me with anyone, for any game type".

Not that this appears to actually have anything to do with the OP...
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.