Mac firewall issues with Steam & FS

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

chrisrimple

Mac firewall issues with Steam & FS

Postby chrisrimple » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:34 am

I'm running OS X Mavericks. I've installed Steam. I've purchased Frozen Synapse through Steam. I've downloaded and installed. Every time I click "play" for FS from Steam, I get prompted to "allow Frozen Synapse.app to accept incoming network connections?" I've "allowed" the app in Sys Prefs > Security > Firewall. But I continue to get prompted every time, unless I disable the firewall entirely.

Since I didn't have this problem when running the FS demo (installed before I ever had Steam), I'm guessing that the issue is caused by the way that Steam treats purchased apps like "content" for the Steam app. Steam, and all other apps on my Mac, are installed in /Applications; games installed from Steam, including FS, are installed in /Users/Me/Applications.

Anyone know a solution to this issue? Thanks!
Jendk3r

Re: Mac firewall issues with Steam & FS

Postby Jendk3r » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:22 pm

+1

This is my first post on the forum, hello everyone!

I've got the same problem on OSX (Sierra), without a Steam though, I get the prompt every single time when I start Frozen Synapse if I allow/deny the access. The solution would be appreciated, it is a small thing, but is extremely annoying. Thank you!

Return to “Technical Support”