Game sounds bugging out

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

Rottenflieger

Game sounds bugging out

Postby Rottenflieger » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:25 am

I've been playing Frozen Synapse on Windows through Steam for ages with no problems at all. However no for some reason the sounds are playing up. When a machinegunner fires, I'll hear maybe every third shot. It seems whenever a second sound (such as a rocket) is made, then it is played over the first sound. So with all the units moving around I just get bits and pieces of the sounds I should be hearing.
I've also noticed that the music changes track whenever several sounds should be playing at the same time: So if a shotgunner and an MG guy fire, then I'll only hear the shotgun and the music will change. It's really strange because it hasn't happened to me before. I've verified the steam files and it told me that 64 were corrupted. But even when it re-downloaded those files it made no difference. Neither has reinstalling the game sadly.
I've seen a couple of other old threads reporting the same thing but none have got a solution. Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

UPDATE:
Well luckily I'd previously made a steam backup of the game, which I was able to restore. I then had the "Frozen Synapse has stopped responding" error when i launched the game, but verifying the game cache seemed to fix that. After all that the sounds seems to be working fine.

Return to “Technical Support”