Grenade Launcher "Forced to Fire" Bug

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

KerenskyTheRed

Grenade Launcher "Forced to Fire" Bug

Post by KerenskyTheRed » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:30 am

I noticed that if you give a grenade launcher the command to fire immediately at the start of a turn (before setting any waypoints) you cannot cancel that order. You can cancel any fire orders given on or between waypoints though. I'm not sure if this bug is also on the rocket launcher (haven't used one yet) but I would expect so since it appears to share the same type of firing system.

Here is a video example. Notice the green, trigger happy grenade launcher towards the top right corner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_3Xp0Nicw
Plum

Re: Grenade Launcher "Forced to Fire" Bug

Post by Plum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:20 pm

I had the same issue, for me it was the very first command I gave in a new game. Once the aim was set, it was impossible to remove it. Exiting and reloading the turn sorted it but I didn't think to try and repeat the bug again :(
KerenskyTheRed

Post by KerenskyTheRed » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Yeah, I found that worked as a temp fix. I've repeated it multiple times, so I am getting a little tired of the leaving/reloading the game now. Enough testing the bug for me. :P
Brootal

Post by Brootal » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:24 am

Experienced the same thing myself
AnakinOU

Post by AnakinOU » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Rocket Launcher works the same way...ran into this last night. :(
Basic

Post by Basic » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:46 pm

I've had this in the past, but I've found that an icon appears that looks like a square crosshair. you can highlight the square and press delete which will delete this action, this has worked for me when sampling selecting and pressing backspace hasn't
Junkle

Post by Junkle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:27 pm

I ran into this as well with the rocket launchers, but didn't know about deleting it.
Instead, I found that I could make him crouch, he fired over cover, and survived.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:25 am

Basic wrote:I've had this in the past, but I've found that an icon appears that looks like a square crosshair. you can highlight the square and press delete which will delete this action, this has worked for me when sampling selecting and pressing backspace hasn't
I've tried that, it didn't work for me.

This bug actually seems to exist when Aim commands are given to ANY troops, it's just not possible to add a "Cancel Aim" order after it for grenades and rockets. I've experienced it on shotgunners, machine gunners, and I think snipers also.
I solve my problems with grenades.
smart bunny

Post by smart bunny » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 pm

I've found that if you plot a fire order at the end of a previous turn (having gone over the 5 sec mark) then that fire order is set in stone, and cannot be deleted when it comes to plotting the following turn (I did it before I realised how to look in a direction without plotting a fire order).
Omroth
Site Admin

Post by Omroth » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Hey guys.

There is a bug here - often an order you give at the very beginning of a non-1 turn can't be deleted.

Ian