Latest OSX build can't see existing SP campaign (SOLVED)

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

djjd42

Latest OSX build can't see existing SP campaign (SOLVED)

Postby djjd42 » Sun May 22, 2011 12:41 am

I just updated to the latest OSX build (the zip for which now contains only an app bundle, as opposed to the earlier zip which also had a pile of other files alongside the app bundle, in case that matters) and regardless of where I place it (e.g. in the Applications folder, in the same folder as the old build but with that build's bundle renamed, in a same-named folder as the old build but with the entire old build's folder removed, etc.) the option to resume the campaign does not appear in the menus.

I can, however, launch the old build, whether renamed but in the same folder or with its original name but in a renamed folder, and resume the campaign without issue.

It if assists with diagnosis, the latest OSX build also prompted me to enter my username and password, set up graphics options again, etc., so it would appear that this build is not seeing anything saved by the previous build.

For reference, and perhaps the ability for me to take some extra backups when I go to update builds, where does the OSX version of FS store its user info, options settings, SP campaign saves, etc.?
Last edited by djjd42 on Tue May 24, 2011 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
djjd42

Re: Latest OSX build can't see existing SP campaign

Postby djjd42 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:02 am

Solved. Copied here from Omroth's reply in the Mac Upgrade Problems thread:
In order to get your old saves on the new osx version, please copy these files from your old dir/psychoff to:

Lbrary/Application Support/FrozenSynapse

spSettingsPROFILE_NAME.txt
spSaveGenPROFILE_NAME.enc
spSavePROFILE_NAME.enc

Cheers, and sorry for the mixup.

Ian

Return to “Technical Support”