KNOWN ISSUE: Youtube not uploading

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

KNOWN ISSUE: Youtube not uploading

Postby Omroth » Fri May 27, 2011 8:30 am

Guys, we're aware of this issue and are working on a patch - sorry for the bug.

Ian
Necro

Re: KNOWN ISSUE: Youtube not uploading

Postby Necro » Mon May 30, 2011 2:54 am

i've had more success with this if i record the video with FS in a window as opposed to a full screen.
kk17nd

Postby kk17nd » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:26 pm

Not too sure if this is related to the Youtube bug not uploading, but when I try to record my match it records everything up until the point where you're expecting the "Finished Recording" dialog box to pop up, but that's where my game crashes to desktop. It never did crash on me before though.

Edit: Now it crashes after the player introduction screen. :(

Edit 2: I just realised that it crashes when I'm using 1366 x 768 resolution, works fine when I'm at 1920 x 1080.
thyrfa

Postby thyrfa » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Never works on any resolution for OSX :(
kk17nd

Postby kk17nd » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:13 pm

PhaedrusV

Postby PhaedrusV » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 am

In addition to not uploading youtube, I'm also having a problem recording offline. While it's recording it plays really slowly and stuttery, and then the recording is the same way when I go take a look at the video. Gameplay is normally smooth, no issues any other times.
PhaedrusV

Postby PhaedrusV » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:51 am

PhaedrusV wrote:In addition to not uploading youtube, I'm also having a problem recording offline. While it's recording it plays really slowly and stuttery, and then the recording is the same way when I go take a look at the video. Gameplay is normally smooth, no issues any other times.

Update: I tried dropping my resolution down (from 1920x1080x32 to 1024x768x16) and recording the video at lower res, still same problem. During the recording it goes pretty slowly, like 1/4 speed. On the playback of the video on Win Media Player the audio goes at full speed, and the video ends when the audio's done, but the video of the action is going so slow that the guys have barely left their start area when the audio is over.
dragonmoony

Postby dragonmoony » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 pm

I just chose youtube upload, it said it was uploaded.... but nothing is uploaded and I quit the game after that so the awesome replay is gone forever ? does it keep an offline version of the replay ?
PhaedrusV

Postby PhaedrusV » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:25 pm

dragonmoony wrote:I just chose youtube upload, it said it was uploaded.... but nothing is uploaded and I quit the game after that so the awesome replay is gone forever ? does it keep an offline version of the replay ?

It saves all your games on the server, you can go into your "recent games" and watch it again, or try uploading/recording it again later once its fixed.
dragonmoony

Postby dragonmoony » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 pm

PhaedrusV wrote:
dragonmoony wrote:I just chose youtube upload, it said it was uploaded.... but nothing is uploaded and I quit the game after that so the awesome replay is gone forever ? does it keep an offline version of the replay ?

It saves all your games on the server, you can go into your "recent games" and watch it again, or try uploading/recording it again later once its fixed.

Nice, thank you so much! Gonna post the video tomorrow ( it's a map I made )
AnxiousHippo

Postby AnxiousHippo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:51 am

I'd be fine with recording it offline and manually uploading it but I use Steam. Is there a way to find offline recorded videos in Steam or is it just a lost case?
EDIT: nvm, found it
Lonners

Postby Lonners » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:55 pm

I can't upload to YT on mac - and I can't find the recorded video either (even though it says it's saved). I've got the steam version - any ideas on this I've done a search but I can't see any solutions that have stuck out?
lkraider

Postby lkraider » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:35 am

On Mac I discovered that it actually saves the video to a file called record.ogv at ~/Library/Application Support/FrozenSynapse
partemit

Postby partemit » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:09 pm

I am having similar issues as well.
THE_An0mOLy

Postby THE_An0mOLy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm having the same problem as well (I think..) it says the recording is done and is uploading but doesn't give any indication that it is doing/has done so? Either way it doesn't actually upload the video...

Return to “Technical Support”