SLOW, VERY VERY VERY SLOW!

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

aplsin

SLOW, VERY VERY VERY SLOW!

Postby aplsin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:39 pm

This game is so slow I spend more time looking at the progressbar than acctually playing, is there a fix for this or is it a "feature"?
urbanhusky

Re: SLOW, VERY VERY VERY SLOW!

Postby urbanhusky » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:38 pm

You are aware that this is a turn based strategy game and not an action FPS? :)
Please detail the issue you have, as "more progress bar than anything else" leaves much room for interpretation what exactly the issue is.
Qoojo

Postby Qoojo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:40 am

urbanhusky wrote:You are aware that this is a turn based strategy game and not an action FPS? :)
Please detail the issue you have, as "more progress bar than anything else" leaves much room for interpretation what exactly the issue is.

Does it leave much room for interpretation if he is spending more time watching the progress bar? I think it kind of says how much thought and planning he puts into each turn.
urbanhusky

Postby urbanhusky » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:25 am

Qoojo wrote:
urbanhusky wrote:You are aware that this is a turn based strategy game and not an action FPS? :)

Does it leave much room for interpretation if he is spending more time watching the progress bar? I think it kind of says how much thought and planning he puts into each turn.

Well, it could be that his system doesn't have much power and therefore takes much longer to load. Just one example of a different angle on this :)
aplsin

Postby aplsin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 am

What I was trying to say was that I have to wait for the progressbar 1-2 minutes between each turn, sometimes longer, I mean how much calculations need to be done anyway? Other really cpu intensive games like Dwarf Fortress runs just fine on this computer.
aplsin

Postby aplsin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:33 am

Qoojo wrote:

If you are not in the mood to help you might think about not writing anything at all instead of behaving like a rude child.
urbanhusky

Postby urbanhusky » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:35 am

aplsin wrote:What I was trying to say was that I have to wait for the progressbar 1-2 minutes between each turn, sometimes longer, I mean how much calculations need to be done anyway? Other really cpu intensive games like Dwarf Fortress runs just fine on this computer.

1-2 minutes does sound quite bad. I usually only see it for a couple of seconds (less than 10).
What are your system specs?
aplsin

Postby aplsin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:48 am

urbanhusky wrote:1-2 minutes does sound quite bad. I usually only see it for a couple of seconds (less than 10).
What are your system specs?

Athlon X2 5200+
3GB RAM
Geforce 9600 GSO
Win 7 64bit

I'm pretty sure the loading times where a bit faster the first time I played but I've tried restarting the game serveral times and still it's very slow. Oh well I guess if it's not a known problem the fault might be at my end. Though the taskmanager shows nothing taking excessive cpu, the most tasking is firefox at 5-10%..
Qoojo

Postby Qoojo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:17 am

aplsin wrote:
Qoojo wrote:

If you are not in the mood to help you might think about not writing anything at all instead of behaving like a rude child.

Did you actually read your original post? No details. For all we know you could be upset about it being turn based. The progress bar takes 3-4 seconds for me. Hence the observation in my post. So next time I suggest you do a little inward reflection and calm down before you start showing your immaturity by throwing out insults, or least get a sense of humor.

If I had the problem, I would make sure my drivers are updated. I would try disabling the firewall and virus protection just to see if it made a difference.

Turning off backgrounds apparently helped one user:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2668
Last edited by Qoojo on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
dajbozerozum

Postby dajbozerozum » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:26 am

I have tested Frozen Synapse skirmish on computers below:

Toshiba Laptop
Mobile Intel Pentium 4-M (2.00 GHZ),
1 GB Ram,
NVIDIA GeForce 4 420 Go
Win XP SP3.

Desktop:
Intel Celeron (1,3 GHz),
512 MB Ram,
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 100/200,
Win XP SP3.

Game runs slowly. It seems there is a problem when firefight starts, but time between rounds is less than 2 minutes.

In my opinion, FS on desktop was a bit faster than on laptop.
"Personas that are desired by the system itfelf definitely exist in society, and people hunger of them."
wonderhero

Postby wonderhero » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:40 am

I don't know what more details they want, but is clear what aplsin mean. There is a only progress bar for MP and SP in FS that indicate the AI turn processing. I'm very sure it's about MP.
So, no matter how powerful is your computer. It's about the specific server you are login. Sometimes it's work quick, sometimes the server it's busy and you must to watch progress bar 2 minutes.
It's a temporary problem until the main server is ready. They work on it.

For the moment login to a server with few players.
aplsin

Postby aplsin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:24 am

wonderhero wrote:I don't know what more details they want, but is clear what aplsin mean. There is a only progress bar for MP and SP in FS that indicate the AI turn processing. I'm very sure it's about MP.
So, no matter how powerful is your computer. It's about the specific server you are login. Sometimes it's work quick, sometimes the server it's busy and you must to watch progress bar 2 minutes.
It's a temporary problem until the main server is ready. They work on it.

For the moment login to a server with few players.

Acctually I did talk about SP, but yeah I'll try to choose a less populated server anyway.
wonderhero

Postby wonderhero » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 am

aplsin wrote:Acctually I did talk about SP, but yeah I'll try to choose a less populated server anyway.

You are right, the progress bar take to long in SP sometime and is not influenced by computer performance so much.
For MP I meant before progress bar when it's waiting for server response.
Sorry
aplsin

Postby aplsin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Well hopefully a patch will solve it sooner rather than later, I really like the game but looking at progressbars isn't among my favorite things to do.. :)
Qoojo

Postby Qoojo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 pm

So it's not slow when going offline?

Return to “Technical Support”