Unable to connect to any server under any circumstances

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

internisus

Unable to connect to any server under any circumstances

Postby internisus » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:42 pm

I sent an email three days ago to support@mode7games.com and have received no reply. I am pasting my message below; official assistance would be appreciated.

Hello, Mode 7 technical support. I have a problem: I cannot and have never been able to connect to any server in Frozen Synapse. Well, actually, I did connect once when using a friend's computer, and I took the opportunity to create my account. However, I cannot connect from my home PC. Testing the default and alternate servers under the Advanced menu consistently fails with and without the port specified. I have tried adding a port forward exception to my router (a NetGear) as well as bypassing the router completely and connecting directly to the Internet.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I do sometimes have inexplicable failures when connecting to games, but it is rare. I freely use services like Steam and Impulse and play games like EVE Online and Left 4 Dead. However, there are games such as Monday Night Combat and Assassin Creed 2's game launcher that consistently tell me that I am not connected to the Internet or that fail to populate their server lists. In these unusual cases, I have been unable to successfully troubleshoot the problem. So it may be that my Internet connection has some particular property that somehow prevents connecting to some applications' servers even without a router or firewall interceding, although I have no confirmation that issues with different applications are the same or related.

However, just because this rare problem seems to be on my end does not make it my fault, per se, so you can imagine that I find it extremely frustrating when I purchase the odd game whose net code has been built in whatever way makes it susceptible to this failure. Therefore, please help me to investigate and hopefully resolve the problem.

Thank you,
Skye
internisus

Re: Unable to connect to any server under any circumstances

Postby internisus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Uh, is there some kind of trick to getting support for your game? I've been trying for a week to receive some assistance using two different methods, and I seem to have been completely ignored.
internisus

Postby internisus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:18 pm

You know, I thought I was pretty cool for buying your independent game directly from your website immediately after it launched, supporting you that little bit extra by saving you the losses incurred in using a store like Steam or heavily discounting in sales. I bought your game full-price, and the money went directly into your account; yet in the time between my purchase and the half-off Steam sale I have been unable to play it because you have completely ignored my support requests.

The least you guys could do is pay attention to me and acknowledge that I have an issue with your product.
Garry42

Postby Garry42 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Check this article to find more about your problem :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6985118?start=0&tstart=0
http://www.192168ll.net/

Regards
Garry

Return to “Technical Support”