Doesn't start: Main.cs can't be found

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

Hapiel

Doesn't start: Main.cs can't be found

Post by Hapiel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi guys,
On my win 7 I can not start FrozenSynapse which I just downloaded trough the HumbleBundle.

No problems with the graphical driver.

If I start it nothing seems to happen, and about 10 seconds later it is removed from the active processes list. I tried running it in winXP compatibility modus, and then I recieved the error: Can not locate main.cs
Which is weird, because it definitely sits in the frozensynapse root.

I reinstalled several times in different locations on my hard drive, but it made no difference.

What should I do? the GFX test gives the same combination of results btw (no result/can not locate main.cs)

Daniel
emantheebomb

Re: Doesn't start: Main.cs can't be found

Post by emantheebomb » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:10 am

Hi guys,

I am also having this problem. I run Windows 7 Ultimate. Looking forward to it being resolved.
Scorpion0x17

Post by Scorpion0x17 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, also bought the Humble Bundle, and have had no such issue.

Which suggests it's something do with your install.

Try uninstalling, and re-installing.

And, while you're at it, rather than re-install the humble bundle version you might as well grab http://www.mode7games.com/client/rc7standard.exe, and install from that, as it's a newer version.
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.
sideburns

Post by sideburns » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Uninstalling/reinstalling is almost certainly a waste of time. There's a known bug where the program won't work unless it's run from its own directory. Create a batch file that changes to whatever folder you installed the program in and then runs the program.
Scorpion0x17

Post by Scorpion0x17 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:13 pm

sideburns wrote:Uninstalling/reinstalling is almost certainly a waste of time. There's a known bug where the program won't work unless it's run from its own directory. Create a batch file that changes to whatever folder you installed the program in and then runs the program.
Ooops....

Ignore what I previously wrote here...

@OP: the alternative to writing a batchfile, as sideburns suggests, is to right-click on the shortcut you launch the game from, select Properties, and then, in the 'Start in' field, enter the install directory of the game.
trolling [verb]:
Posting with the intention of provoking a reaction.