OSX Lion: Game doesn't display anymore?

Post your woes here and we will do our best to sort them out

Moderator: Admins

commathe

OSX Lion: Game doesn't display anymore?

Post by commathe » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 am

I just tried to export a video file by recording it offline. I got the message about it going to give me a notification when it's done recording etc. so after I hit ok Frozen Synapse minimised. I didn't think that was weird, except it stayed like that for 25 minutes and wouldn't open even though there was sound. So I force quitted it and now when I start it up I can hear the music and the "please log in" voice but it stays hidden or minimised or something. Since the sound is fine, it seems like it's running fine it's just not displaying.

EDIT: Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didn't help. Can't figure out why it was working fine earlier but not now
bambuzzle

Re: OSX Lion: Game doesn't display anymore?

Post by bambuzzle » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey man

I had the exact same problem as you except that I have Snow Leopard. After an unsuccessful reinstall, I deleted the preferences folder in /Users/YourNameHere/Library/Application Support/FrozenSynapse, reinstalled once more and voilà! It worked. Note that your saves will be deleted so try and find a way to back them up. I didn't need to do it personally so I haven't figured this bit out.

Presumably it's the recording thingy that caused this particular issue, and there was a .ogv recording file in the pref folder. However since I deleted everything at once just to make sure, I am not entirely certain that that particular file was the culprit.

I hope this solves your problem :D

regards
commathe

Post by commathe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 am

Thanks a lot! Going to give it a go now and report back

EDIT: Deleting only the video file didn't work. Got rid of the whole folder and I didn't even have to reinstall, opened fine right after. Hope this extra info helps those guys at Mode 7 to look into this. I'm sure a lot of people would have quickly given up on the game after this problem, I almost did.
JackSlack

Post by JackSlack » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 am

I just want to echo this: I had the exact same issue when trying to upload to Youtube. It's a problem with OSX, no question. Also using OSX: Lion.
Roberbond

Post by Roberbond » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Yes! i had the same problem. Folder deleted! problem solved!
Thanks!
Pas976

Post by Pas976 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:35 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this and keep my campaign progress?
autisticarmymen

Post by autisticarmymen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:58 am

I'm going through the same thing now....

Did anyone find this happened after a substantial "laggyness" being introduced into the game?

Even in single player, my mouse curser was awkwardly delayed from where it was supposed to be.

EDIT: deleting that whole file worked to get the game up again, does anyone have a cheat to unlock the campaign missions?
it also fixed the lagginess.... but killed the sound, so looks like a re-install is due.
emotionengine

Post by emotionengine » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:44 pm

I have the same problem except I'm running the Steam version, and although I located what seems to be the Steam equivalent of the preferences folder and deleted that, the problem persists - even after a complete deletion and re-install of the game.

Anyone know how to solve this for the Steam version?

(I made a thread earlier about this because I failed to see this thread, and now I can't delete the other one).
anoshi

Post by anoshi » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 am

Posted the solution in your original thread along with some bug tracking info for the devs :-)

"command + enter". In hindsight, so easy haha.