Rock Paper Shotgun tournament

Organise tournaments and post results here

Moderator: Admins

Ramsar

Rock Paper Shotgun tournament

Postby Ramsar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Signups are actually closed, but I just found out some guys at the RPS forum have organized an FS tournament. Maybe some tournaments are the way to get more people playing again?

http://rockpapershotgun.com/rpsforum/to ... 076&page=2
Ace_Rimmer

Re: Rock Paper Shotgun tournament

Postby Ace_Rimmer » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:56 pm

I plan on starting a tourney here once the one over at Introversion has finished. We're currently in round 2 out of 3 (with only six players multiple rounds sounded like the proper format).

I think tournaments are one of the best ways to keep people playing, not necessarily a good way to get people to play.
Cooper42

Postby Cooper42 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:05 pm

I started that RPS tournament after getting into the one over at Introversion (Thanks for the inspiration Ace :) ). As expected, lots of applicants but a few drop outs, so I kept the format round robin to easily cope with significant numbers of no-shows.

I suggest that if anyone's a member of any gaming-orientated forum they go for it. I was plesantly surprised at the large number of FS players over on RPS.

What about the FS Steam group - are there enough members there to get the word out for new tourneys?
WombatDeath

Postby WombatDeath » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:31 am

Just wanted to add that there are a couple of active competitions on the RPS forums: a double-elimination tournament run by Inverselaw, the second season of which is approaching its climax, and a symmetrical dark extermination league run by me, which is currently accepting sign-ups for season five. All are welcome to sign up for the league, and while I can't speak for Inverselaw I hope that there will be a third season of his tournament in due course. We're a friendly bunch, so check out the forums!
icebrain

Postby icebrain » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:35 am

And a copy of my guide to win. (normally)

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

ihanna

Postby ihanna » Thu May 31, 2012 7:36 am

Cooper42 wrote:I started a webpage that talks about the RPS tournament after getting into the one over at Introversion (Thanks for the inspiration Ace :) ). As expected, lots of applicants but a few drop outs, so I kept the format round robin to easily cope with significant numbers of no-shows.

I suggest that if anyone's a member of any gaming-orientated forum they go for it. I was plesantly surprised at the large number of FS players over on RPS.

What about the FS Steam group - are there enough members there to get the word out for new tourneys?

Hey, I want to do a tournament for my classmates too. Can you help me organize it? How did your tourney goes? I NEED THIS INFORMATION ASAP FOR THE TOURNEY IS NEXT WEEK :)) Please help me. I am really getting frustrated out of thinking of how will I organize it. :/
“The more you loose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.” – Norman Vincent Peale
steward00

Postby steward00 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:46 am

If you're new to irc, change nick by typing /nick <the nick you want to use>. Also, you can use some other commands with /, for example "/away Playing Determinance" or /back. (by typing /away playing determinance, other people will se you're away, and by typing "/whois <your nick>" they can see that message you have wrote after /away command.)
Maetco

Postby Maetco » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Just here to promote RPS league. Season 14 is up and running. If you like FS and like to play regularly come and check it out. Sign-ups open for the next months league/tournament around the beginning of the last week of every month. So if you want to join in December google frozen synapse league 15 around 25. - 28. of this month and follow the instructions. There are a good number of different caliber players and there aren't a lot of quitters.
Maetco

Postby Maetco » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Rock Paper Shotgun Frozen Synapse League - Season 15 sign-ups are now open!

If you'd like to play more FS with some nice people (i'm not nice but the rest of the people are) go to http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/ ... d70f2af0c3 and follow the instructions.
Maetco

Postby Maetco » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 am

Rock Paper Shotgun Frozen Synapse League season 17 on-going right now. Sign-ups for season 18 opening around the last week fo February. Just google frozen season X where X is the season number you're looking for and you should find the right forum.
Maetco

Postby Maetco » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:29 am

Season 18 thread http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/ ... -Season-18

Season 18 will begin on Saturday the 2nd of March and will last until the 17th.
Maetco

Postby Maetco » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:31 am

Maetco

Postby Maetco » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Maetco

Postby Maetco » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:56 am

Season 21 will begin on Sunday the 7th of July.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/ ... Season-21&
Maetco

Postby Maetco » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:46 am

Season 22 will begin on Sunday the 4th of August and will last until the 18th.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/ ... 2a225e6fbb

Return to “Tournaments”