Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Organise tournaments and post results here

Moderator: Admins

Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby vollkommen » Tue May 10, 2011 10:52 pm

With the recent announcement of the official launch of the game being May 26, 2011 (victory dance), I thought it would be about time for the Steam group to hold its officially tournament (finally).
I now present the information regarding the tournament, in the form of a list:

What: Frozen Synapse Steam Group Tourny. Duh. :)
Who: Frozen Synapse Steam Group
Requirements:
-Must own Frozen Synapse
-Desire to be the very best (like no one ever was..)
-Be a member of the Frozen Synapse Steam Group.
-Make a post below, stating that you wish to participate. [Your name will be added to the list in this post]
When:
Unfortunately, due to a lack of interest, the tournament is going to be put postponed. Tune in for future updates.

Rules)
1) All matches must be played in Dark Elimination. Random map ONLY, no advanced settings.
2) If you lose, you're eliminated. Sorry, it's one of those tournys. It's ok though! You are encouraged to still play and make new friends.
3) If your opponent does not play your match, notify me on here, in game or on steam (wezurii1337), and you will advance.
4) To report a victory, the winner of the match will post here with the gameID and the matchup.
5) One of your units can only stay stationary for a maximum of one turn (5 seconds). He can walk around the room, but he cannot camp one corner type deal.
6) In case of draw (thanks adam_0 for questioning this :P), do a rematch. Post the winner of the second game, and post the IDs of both games.

Most importantly, spread the word. The goal is to make the Frozen Synapse launch as awesome as possible, and why not do that with a ballin' tournament?

Prizes:
To be announced ;)

List of participants
Vollkommen
bubleeshaark
wonderhero
adam_0
Preedatore
Last edited by vollkommen on Fri May 27, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Got Steam?
Join the Frozen Synapse group today!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/frozensynapse

Find people to play with, make new friends and help spread the word!
vollkommen
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby bubleeshaark » Wed May 11, 2011 5:02 am

I want to participate.
bubleeshaark
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:01 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby wonderhero » Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Put me on the list 8)
wonderhero
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:02 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby adam_0 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm in. :)

EDIT: what happens in a draw?
adam_0
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby Preedatore » Wed May 25, 2011 4:32 pm

I can give it a shot, if anything for the practice and chance to see the technique of players that know what they're doing. On the 5 second rule: is it 5 seconds across multiple turns or 1 full turn of not moving?
Preedatore
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 2:45 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby vollkommen » Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 am

Preedatore wrote:I can give it a shot, if anything for the practice and chance to see the technique of players that know what they're doing. On the 5 second rule: is it 5 seconds across multiple turns or 1 full turn of not moving?


Five consecutive seconds.
For example:
On turn two, a unit stops in a corner at 2.5 seconds in. He can stay there until 2.5 seconds in on turn three.
Got Steam?
Join the Frozen Synapse group today!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/frozensynapse

Find people to play with, make new friends and help spread the word!
vollkommen
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby wonderhero » Thu May 26, 2011 8:38 pm

vollkommen wrote:5) One of your units can only stay stationary for a maximum of one turn (5 seconds). He can walk around the room, but he cannot camp one corner type deal.


This rule is strange! You mean if a player has a unit stillness in the same place more than 5 seconds he has an advantage ? Come on!!! :shock: I think it's vice-versa: if your unit stay in the same place you can lose him.

So how do I measure this "stay stationary" ? If I will move him just 0.3 seconds you will consider "stationary" ?
What is the minimum distance to "non stationary" state ?
wonderhero
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:02 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby Preedatore » Fri May 27, 2011 1:11 pm

I don't know. I'm not so talented that i can take out camping units so i kind of like the rule. It seems a lot of elimination games are a battle of the wills...who can stand still the longest hoping the other player exposes himself. I think this rule is in place just to encourage better flow of the game. As for what constitutes breaking the rule i think one has to move or at least have the intention to move several in game feet. Of course that's up to the one who set up the tourny.
Preedatore
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 2:45 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby vollkommen » Fri May 27, 2011 6:54 pm

wonderhero wrote:
vollkommen wrote:5) One of your units can only stay stationary for a maximum of one turn (5 seconds). He can walk around the room, but he cannot camp one corner type deal.


This rule is strange! You mean if a player has a unit stillness in the same place more than 5 seconds he has an advantage ? Come on!!! :shock: I think it's vice-versa: if your unit stay in the same place you can lose him.

So how do I measure this "stay stationary" ? If I will move him just 0.3 seconds you will consider "stationary" ?
What is the minimum distance to "non stationary" state ?


You're simply over-analyzing, silly.
Got Steam?
Join the Frozen Synapse group today!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/frozensynapse

Find people to play with, make new friends and help spread the word!
vollkommen
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby wonderhero » Fri May 27, 2011 7:55 pm

You're simply over-analyzing, silly.

I agree but my silly over-analyzing discovered your silly rule :wink:
wonderhero
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:02 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby dajbozerozum » Sat May 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Count me in.

Nickname: dajbozerozum
Name: Peter
"Personas that are desired by the system itfelf definitely exist in society, and people hunger of them."
dajbozerozum
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby cinna » Sun May 29, 2011 1:19 am

I'm down.

alias/FS username: cinna
steam: vladiuse
name: Adam
cinna
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:17 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby cinna » Sun May 29, 2011 1:21 am

vollkommen wrote:
wonderhero wrote:
vollkommen wrote:5) One of your units can only stay stationary for a maximum of one turn (5 seconds). He can walk around the room, but he cannot camp one corner type deal.


This rule is strange! You mean if a player has a unit stillness in the same place more than 5 seconds he has an advantage ? Come on!!! :shock: I think it's vice-versa: if your unit stay in the same place you can lose him.

So how do I measure this "stay stationary" ? If I will move him just 0.3 seconds you will consider "stationary" ?
What is the minimum distance to "non stationary" state ?


You're simply over-analyzing, silly.


hes really not.
that rule is REALLY dodgy, and its even less descriptive.
that could honestly ruin games... If you don't want camping, don't do extermination. but doing extermination, and this rule, will screw a lot up imo.
or force a Rocket / nade launcher into the game, so that people cannot camp. Then, if you lose that unit, its your loss and the enemy will have freedom to camp a spot.
cinna
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:17 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby Brooooo » Mon May 30, 2011 11:40 am

I am up for it.

Steam: nrj1337 (Brooooo as screen name)

FS Ingame name: Brooooo
Brooooo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 11:18 am

Re: Frozen Synapse Launch Tournament

Postby Dan Forever » Mon May 30, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm up for it.
Dan-Forever in FS :)

Any particular server?
Dan Forever
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Next

Return to Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users