Krusty wrote:Hi all,
I'll be starting a player league for Frozen Synapse soon and i wanted some feedback on what people would like when it comes to playing matches.
1. Should there be a time limit for how long a player takes to perform a turn, and if so how much time should it be?
2. How many soldiers should there be per side?
3. What weapon load out should be used?
4. Do you prefer random maps or pre-made maps?
5. Do you prefer a league style setup where player challenge each other to matches or a tournament tree where players are matched randomly or both?
6. Do you see room for different kinds of competition such as all RPG's, small maps, variable troop amounts and other parameters that are not regular conditions?
7. Should all players be required to submit the game into youtube?
Of course, if you have anything else to say about how a 'professional' league should be setup that I've missed then feel free to post it up.
1. I think 36-48 hours would be enough and would help keep the tournament flowing.
2. 3-4, depending on map
3. Mostly random, but depending on map.
4. Pre made maps, perhaps one for each week or 3-4 cyclign between each other. Depending on tournament set up.
5. From tournament experience I think separating in to random "pools" then playing a round robin style tournament (or for flow reasons everyone plays everyone else in their pool at once)
6. I think there could be some really fun ideas for smaller, more casual tournaments that would appeal to some people.
7. I think a tournament match should be played on a tournament server. After the results are processed the players report back somehow quoting the game ID and the outcome. (don't let stats reset from server switches! separate stats for different servers perhaps?)