In Game Tournaments

Organise tournaments and post results here

Moderator: Admins

schpat

In Game Tournaments

Postby schpat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to this game, but not this type of game. I have posted this in the wish list, but was just wondering what the people of this sub-forum thought.

I would love in game tournaments, so that tournaments don't have to be organised outside of the game.

There would obviously have to be many settings:

Number of players
Turn Time Limit
Type of game
Round Robin/Knock Out

I would suggest that random maps be used, the same map in every first round game, then players ranked against the ones that played the same side as they did. Games should run concurrently. Missing a turn should not knock the player out, but his turn should automatically be primed. That way the other player can still finish.

Every round a new random map can be generated.

Any Ideas?
icebrain

Re: In Game Tournaments

Postby icebrain » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:19 pm

It's in development.

After you read the Official Manual, check Frozen Synapse's Tactics & Strategy Guide, go further with the Advanced Mechanics for Multiplayer and beat all SP missions with the Campaign Walkthrough • Read the latest News

schpat

Postby schpat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:12 pm

icebrain wrote:It's in development.

Are there any details on how it will work?
Space Voyager

Postby Space Voyager » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm risking to show my ignorance and unwillingness to change it but... how do the in-game tournaments work? I've never seen any active.
joneau

Postby joneau » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 pm

i got the same question. how tournaments work?
joneau

Postby joneau » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:12 pm

schpat wrote:Hi All,

I'm new to this game, but not this type of game. I have posted this in the wish list, but was just wondering what the people of this sub-forum thought.

I would love in game tournaments, so that tournaments don't have to be organised outside of the game.

There would obviously have to be many settings:

Number of players
Turn Time Limit
Type of game
Round Robin/Knock Out

I would suggest that random maps be used, the same map in every first round game, then players ranked against the ones that played the same side as they did. Games should run concurrently. Missing a turn should not knock the player out, but his turn should automatically be primed. That way the other player can still finish.

Every round a new random map can be generated.

Any Ideas?

about the missing a turn. is there a time before its count as missing turn and does the turn miss also happen if for some reason game crashes or internet disconnects?

Return to “Tournaments”