Enemies still cause a mission failed after their death

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

Mr.Rogers

Enemies still cause a mission failed after their death

Postby Mr.Rogers » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:10 pm

On the mission Ninstar: Second floor (the lift defense mission) I noticed enemies can rush into the zone and regardless of whether they were killed before the turn ended or not,you still fail the mission.

I.E Enemy runs into the green zone,gets shot by a Shotgunner within the same turn,mission ends as a loss even though the soldier that rushed in died

If this was an intentional game design,its extremely terrible,it encourages people to not even focus on the threats and just attempt to run past them all with a shotgunner,since death will still result in victory as long as they make it into the zone
Gandalf8

Re: Enemies still cause a mission failed after their death

Postby Gandalf8 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi Mr.Rogers,

Mr.Rogers wrote:If this was an intentional game design,its extremely terrible,it encourages people to not even focus on the threats and just attempt to run past them all with a shotgunner,since death will still result in victory as long as they make it into the zone

I do not remember the mission briefing in detail, but I seem to remember that you've been told not to let anyone enter the lift area. Thus I indeed assume that this was intentional, and consequently, it cannot be classified as a bug. Running "past them all with a shotgunner" can be countered with a shotgun of your own, as you will probably be aware of. In general, mission rules are often different from multiplayer rules, but concerning "your" scenario, there is a similarity with some Extermination settings. On some maps, red home zones appear in each opponent's corner. Reaching the enemy's home zone with one of your units before your opponent reaches yours will win you the game even if your unit dies afterwards.

CU, Gandalf8

Return to “Bugs”