Charge setup allows invalid unit placement

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

Gandalf8

Charge setup allows invalid unit placement

Postby Gandalf8 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi guys, hi mode7,

I just watched some replays of today's top player, zizzdr, and was pretty amazed. :shock: Please take a look at games 1177613 or 1177632.

Is the unit placement of the green player correct? Shouldn't the starting positions always be restricted to the edges of the map?!?

I can't help it, but to me it looks like our dear zizzdr has found (and exploited) a severe bug in the Charge mode setup. :(

Should others follow this example, Charge will hardly be a fair game mode any longer; it will be more like Russian Roulette.

CU, Gandalf8
Gandalf8

Re: Charge setup allows invalid unit placement

Postby Gandalf8 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi mode7,

any news on this one? It has been six weeks now since I reported this bug; at least that's what I consider it to be. Any sort of feedback, no matter how small, would be appreciated. Needless to say, a bugfix would be best. :) But also this, or rather especially this, I would like to know ...

Thanks and regards, Gandalf8
ong_elvin

Postby ong_elvin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:43 am

It's been six months or so now. Charge bug still exists, see game 1242154 for a reference point.

I still won though. :)
Gandalf8

Postby Gandalf8 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi ong_elvin,

you noticed:

It's been six months or so now. Charge bug still exists, see game 1242154 for a reference point.

Indeed; seen it. :( Can't say I'm surprised, however, given the fact that there has been no reaction from mode7 concerning this issue whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, I've lost nearly all interest in the game after the detection of this issue. Until then, Charge was one of my favourite game modes. Quite unbelievable that a bug this severe made it past the quality assurance phase. But actually inexcusable is the fact that it's still unremedied. Dear mode7 team, I don't think that you will ever regain the trust you lost with this behaviour. On the other hand, meanwhile, I no longer believe you even care.

I still won though. :)

Congratulations; of course, that's possible nevertheless, and it makes your victory hard-earned. There may be many new players who do not even realize that they are doing something which is beyond the rules; they mustn't be blamed. However, there are also some veterans who blatantly exploit this bug. This is nothing but cheating and should be treated as such. But in the absence of a judge, there's no punishment. So the best solution would obviously be to fix the issue ...

CU, Gandalf8

Return to “Bugs”