Random Changes in Time Line

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

Mikey_asteroid

Random Changes in Time Line

Postby Mikey_asteroid » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi

I just got killed by a dead person - I just played an online multi player and it was to defend - I killed a unit about 4 or 5 turns into the game and i had only 1 enemy unit left to kill - then on the last turn of the match a dead shotgun unit came back to life and the timeline changed from when i killed him - so i had a 'dead' unit going around killing all my units who were obviously looking in the complete wrong direction as he was dead for 5 turns on my time line.

Naturally I lost the game because a dead unit came back to life and spent the next 5 turns killing all my men - some of which had killed other enemy people between this time - naturally those enemys survived to the end of the game because my guys got killed in a completely new timeline on my last turn. Even on my last turn the dead unit (laying sideways on the ground) slid across the screen to the winning position. Then when the - you have been defeated - screen came up this 'dead' unit was going around killing my men in fantasy land time line.

It really left a sour taste in my mouth for the whole game
Gandalf8

Re: Random Changes in Time Line

Postby Gandalf8 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi Mikey_asteroid,

your description clearly sounds like you've encountered a skilled cheater. Of course, I cannot tell for sure, but maybe mode7 can if you're telling them game ID and opponent. Unfortunately, there's little to no reaction from them recently ...

CU, Gandalf8
Mikey_asteroid

Postby Mikey_asteroid » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:41 pm

Thanks i thought it was as much - the players id was Sam_Son2 and when i looked at his profile (when he was online after the game) he had like 250+ kills to only about 28 deaths - so based on the ratio it seems to be his only way of winning. Next time i will just kill his men quicker so he has no timeline to alter ;)

Thanks
Mike
Gandalf8

Postby Gandalf8 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi Mikey_asteroid,

Thanks i thought it was as much - the players id was Sam_Son2

The server claims it does not know any player by that name. Maybe the account was deleted already? You didn't state the game ID, however, so I cannot find out this way, either.

and when i looked at his profile (when he was online after the game) he had like 250+ kills to only about 28 deaths - so based on the ratio it seems to be his only way of winning.

Such a ratio would actually be quite astonishing, but from the figures alone, we cannot tell; we would have to see the matches.

Next time i will just kill his men quicker so he has no timeline to alter ;)

Sounds like a plan; good luck with that. Anyway, I would prefer preventing such cheating by improving the server's security measures. Dear mode7 team, we had a similar discussion some months ago, which you apparently ignored, too. Any news on that matter meanwhile?

CU, Gandalf8
Mikey_asteroid

Postby Mikey_asteroid » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:43 am

Hi Gandalf8

I should point out that I'm using the PS3 version of the game - Sam_Son2 is ranked 87 (currently) and I seem to have over exaggerated the ratio - it's actually 104 to 28 - still a little odd but not the 250 that i initially stated ;)

I'm not sure where to find the game ID as after the game finished I can't see the game ids of my prior games (or i don't know where to find it). As for the replays some games don't seem to save replays - so again i can't help there.

Why I'm posting again is I played a game today where I went to prime my turn and the game said i still had units that hadn't received orders. The unit that hadn't received the order was a dead grenadier - which had been dead since about the 4th turn (it was currently the 9th turn when the game asked me to prime that unit again - and didn't ask subsequent to that round). Obviously i tried to prime it and set it some way points - in the preview of the time line the dead grenadier moved around the way points with the dead icon. However after the round was primed the grenadier didn't move and the camera stayed focused on my last remaining unit - so it acknowledged that it was indeed dead when the round was primed.

I would like to point out that these games are games that require multiple loads and saves - over a couple of days to complete the game - not a quick game that is finished in one setting. So if it is truely a bug then some might be taking advantage of it - but the unit was clearly dead on my screen so anyone with some dignity would see that its a glitch or a bug and not exploit it. As stated in my initial post, the unit was clearly dead and going around shooting all my men on the last turn even though those same men had killed some of my opponents units. So when making their last turn there would be no mistaken that they are ordering a dead unit to change the time line.

I won this current game where it glitched on my preview timeline - but i thought i would just mention that it's not a one off occurance - this game did save and it was against an opponent named DropkickMarty - but i have no clue how to get it off my PS3 to send anywhere meaningful, and as I stated above - my dead grenadier doesn't move on the final turn - it just stays rightly dead. :)

Kind regards
Mike
Gandalf8

Postby Gandalf8 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi Mikey_asteroid,

thanks for your detailed reply; you clarified:

I should point out that I'm using the PS3 version of the game - Sam_Son2 is ranked 87 (currently) and I seem to have over exaggerated the ratio - it's actually 104 to 28 - still a little odd but not the 250 that i initially stated ;)

OK, this explains why I can find neither the matches nor the players involved. Apparently, the PS3 version of the game uses an entirely different server for all of those. A win-to-loss ration of roughly 4 to 1 indicates a very skilled player --- or a cheater, if the wins have been "achieved" by exploiting some bug in the game. I cannot tell which one is true.

I'm not sure where to find the game ID as after the game finished I can't see the game ids of my prior games (or i don't know where to find it). As for the replays some games don't seem to save replays - so again i can't help there.

I don't know the PS3 interface of the game, so I cannot help there, either, I'm afraid. The PC version has a personal match history which always shows about three dozen of the most recently played games, including their IDs. Is there no equivalent feature on the PS3?

As for the remainder of your described experiences, these clearly sound like bugs to me, so the developers probably should have a look into these issues. I don't know whether they do, however, and even if they do, unfortunately they hardly ever talk about it. So to me, it remains a mystery if bugs like these ever get fixed, which is a pity, to say the least.

Kind regards, Gandalf8
Zicandar

Postby Zicandar » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:46 pm

This also happened to me on iOS, in single player. So its likely a bug and not a pure cheat.
I can attach screenshots, although I dont know if I can share failed mission attempts from ios.
Bin

Postby Bin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:12 am

Hi Zicandar can you send the screenshots to support@mode7games.com thx :)

Return to “Bugs”