Problem: Single player crashes during AI calculation (Win7)

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

Omroth
Site Admin

Problem: Single player crashes during AI calculation (Win7)

Postby Omroth » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:17 pm

If your'e experiencing crashes during AI calculation under Windows 7, please try running Frozen Synapse in "XP3 compatibility mode".

Step-by-step:

1. In Windows explorer navigate to the Frozen Synapse exe, which by default is c:/frozenSynapse/frozenSynapse.exe
2. Right click on frozenSynapse.exe
3. Select "Properties"
4. Select the "Compatibility" tab
5. Check the "run this program in compatibility mode for:" check box.
6. Select Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows XP Service Pack 3

(Thanks to AgentIcarus for reporting and testing this)

EDIT: it looks like this doesn't completely solve the problem, but it may help. I'm looking into this and apologise to the Win7 users this is affecting.
mellowninja

Re: Problem: Single player crashes during AI calculation (OSX)

Postby mellowninja » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:44 pm

On the mac version (10.6.3 OSX), the same crash occurs. I've noticed this on single player missions along with the puzzle mode.

It has happened both during the AI calculation immediately after Prime is initiated (frequent occurrence), and during user controlled calculation (infrequent, happened two times out of 10 games).
georgek

Re: Problem: Single player crashes during AI calculation (Wi

Postby georgek » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:04 am

I've noticed this crash on WinXP as well, during AI calculation in both puzzle mode and light extermination.
Vampyre

Postby Vampyre » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Same thing here. Crash on Mac OS X (10.6.5). iMac 27" 3,06Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb Ram.

The crash happened during AI calculation of level 1 at round 4. The crash was a return to desktop.
flap

Postby flap » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:59 pm

So do I, with Win XP.
Crash during AI calculation.

Is there anywhere some data that would be usefull to you ?
wonderhero

Postby wonderhero » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:28 pm

The same problem: single player crashes during AI calculation on Win XP SP 3
RAM 1 GB
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:42 am

Wonderhero - was this the "AI level over a certain level" problem that we talked about?

Otherwise, I thought I had this bug fixed.
MrP1us

Postby MrP1us » Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 am

Same problem here, with AI set to level 3. However, Windows (7) said the program had stopped working, then after clicking debug and then cancel, the game kept running and popped up the message that the AI had been switched to local. Just got the game, so I have only encountered this once so far.
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Fri May 06, 2011 10:46 am

Hi MrP1us.

I've since fixed this crash and it'll be fine in the next version. For now I reccomend only using AI level 2.

Thanks,
Ian
CrazyDreamer

Postby CrazyDreamer » Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 am

I am still having the crash-to-local-AI problem playing the campaign on the May 26 release version. I presume that the fix you mentioned May 06 is supposed to be incorporated in that version. Perhaps this thread contains two separate bugs, only one of which is fixed?

Win 7 Pro 64-bit, 10 GiB RAM, Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz. (Not because I like gaming, because we need to run Maya.) I'll try to remember to backup the console logs next time this hits.
The picture is me.
cfnz

Postby cfnz » Tue May 31, 2011 9:41 am

I'll add that I'm getting a crash when trying a skirmish vs the level 3 AI. I'm running OS X 10.6.7 and whatever version is available through Steam.

Console log (hopefully) attached in case it's useful.
Attachments
console.log.zip
(7.73 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
wahn

Postby wahn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:23 am

I have the same problem like cfnz, but posted it in another thread (thought this was only about Windows) => viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3120
dspair

Postby dspair » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:01 am

I have the same problem. When I generate a skirmish map with AI Level 3, the game crashes on the background (i.e. if I switch to Windows, I see a Windows Dialog stating that the game has just crashed). After that, when I press the 'Prime' button, the game either immediately crashes to desktop for good, or it just freezes at the process of the AI movement calculation. Therefore AI Level 3 is unplayable for me at all, which is a shame. I really wish I could test this game's AI at its full glory.

I have Windows Vista 32-bit, by the way. The game is bought in Steam.
WombatDeath

Postby WombatDeath » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:10 pm

dspair wrote:I have the same problem. When I generate a skirmish map with AI Level 3, the game crashes on the background (i.e. if I switch to Windows, I see a Windows Dialog stating that the game has just crashed). After that, when I press the 'Prime' button, the game either immediately crashes to desktop for good, or it just freezes at the process of the AI movement calculation. Therefore AI Level 3 is unplayable for me at all, which is a shame. I really wish I could test this game's AI at its full glory.

Same on almost all points - the only difference is that the game consistently crashes when I hit Prime with a level 3 AI (I don't get the freezing that you sometimes see).

Vista 32-bit, purchased on Steam. I'm very happy to submit whatever data might be of help in getting this issue fixed.
gustafa

Postby gustafa » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 pm

dspair wrote:I have the same problem. When I generate a skirmish map with AI Level 3, the game crashes on the background (i.e. if I switch to Windows, I see a Windows Dialog stating that the game has just crashed). After that, when I press the 'Prime' button, the game either immediately crashes to desktop for good, or it just freezes at the process of the AI movement calculation. Therefore AI Level 3 is unplayable for me at all, which is a shame. I really wish I could test this game's AI at its full glory.

Same on all points here as well.

Return to “Bugs”