Problem: various scoring problems

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

SoujiroSeta

Re: Problem: various scoring problems

Postby SoujiroSeta » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:46 am

I just won a dark disputed match which, according to the end menu gave me 60 pts, but in my profile, I see a game won, but the score is -60... x_x'

Game Id: 83286
NDervish

Postby NDervish » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:40 am

SoujiroSeta wrote:I just won a dark disputed match which, according to the end menu gave me 60 pts, but in my profile, I see a game won, but the score is -60... x_x'

That's correct/normal. The value in the score column shows the effect on player 1's score, not the effect on your score. It's always positive if Player 1 won and always negative if player 2 won. If it shows -60 and you won, that just means you were player 2.

This tends to throw a lot of people off at first, but it's that way because of the "duplicates" system that's in place for comparing different players' performance on the same map. Looking over a list of games on the same map, you can easily see whether player 1 or player 2 has an advantaged starting position just by scanning for positive vs. negative numbers. (Or at least you could easily see that if such a list were available to non-devs...)
SoujiroSeta

Postby SoujiroSeta » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:18 am

NDervish wrote:
SoujiroSeta wrote:I just won a dark disputed match which, according to the end menu gave me 60 pts, but in my profile, I see a game won, but the score is -60... x_x'

That's correct/normal. The value in the score column shows the effect on player 1's score, not the effect on your score. It's always positive if Player 1 won and always negative if player 2 won. If it shows -60 and you won, that just means you were player 2.

This tends to throw a lot of people off at first, but it's that way because of the "duplicates" system that's in place for comparing different players' performance on the same map. Looking over a list of games on the same map, you can easily see whether player 1 or player 2 has an advantaged starting position just by scanning for positive vs. negative numbers. (Or at least you could easily see that if such a list were available to non-devs...)

I see, even though I still think that what is presented to the user should be more usable (in terms of usability) since this 100% counter intuitive.

I'm glad that's not a bug that is nuking my scores though ;p

Cheers
Gamerguy678

Postby Gamerguy678 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:24 am

I have 2 games that don't show up in my wins-losses but they show up in my match history. One of them I lost and got -50 points and the other I won and got 132 more points. Also, my rank is always going down regardless of how much I've scored or won.
Dingo

Postby Dingo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 pm

What about campaign scoring? I'll beat a campaign mission, and it seems like a 50/50 chance that the seed will show up in my play history, but it won't give me a score or a medal for it. Then, if I go back and replay the mission, the new seed will show up along with a medal and score. Why doesn't it give me a score/medal half of the time?

Return to “Bugs”