Tutorial: Ignore unit mission

Post bug reports here

Moderator: Admins

angramainyu

Tutorial: Ignore unit mission

Postby angramainyu » Sun May 08, 2011 12:52 am

The "Ignore unit" mission in the tutorial bugged out for me -- not sure what I did, but after clicking on the sniper and selecting ignore, I could not advance any further. If I hit play, the sniper kept killing my unit, but I had no way to select the first waypoint again.

A "restart mission" button would be very useful in the tutorial missions.

Also, once you bail out on the tutorial, there's no way to pick up where you left off. A mission index so you could restart or replay specific tutorial mission without going through everything preceding it would be great.
Omroth
Site Admin

Re: Tutorial: Ignore unit mission

Postby Omroth » Sun May 08, 2011 11:03 am

Hey,

I'll investigate this, sorry you've had problems.

Ian
angramainyu

Postby angramainyu » Mon May 09, 2011 5:48 am

No worries, worked fine the second time, and only took a few minutes to replay the tutorial the second time. Just thought this could make for a smoother experience.

After two evenings of play... wow, FS is awesome.
Omroth
Site Admin

Postby Omroth » Mon May 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
awkward_ghost

Postby awkward_ghost » Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 am

I had the exact same problem. I think it might've been because I'd already tweaked the waypoint that I was being told to click on next (after I'd ignored the sniper).

I then clicked on the Main Menu button in the hope of finding a Restart Mission option, but was extremely disappointed when all that happened was that I lost all my progress in the Tutorials.

So I agree, a Restart Mission option would be most useful.

Additionally, a warning that clicking Main Menu is going to lose your progress would be a good idea, as would an option in the Main Menu to return to your game in progress.

Thanks,

awk.
ThePiachu

Postby ThePiachu » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:53 am

Same here, doesn't help that the only tutorial notice I can see is "you actually need to click on the sniper", when I accidentally skipped past the proceeding tutorial message. So, my proposed fixes:
-restart tutorial mission button
-being able to jump to a specific tutorial mission from the menu (possibly after finishing previous ones)
-back button on tutorial messages
-more informative text during the key tutorial moments (if the player didn't yet do something, expect that some players might have not read the description fully)
zorofroozo

Postby zorofroozo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:32 am

I had the same problem.

It was disappointing to see I couldn't restart the mission or the fact that pushing main menu ends the tutorial.
I hope these problems won't occur during single player, that would get annoying after a while.
baconcow

Postby baconcow » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 pm

This is still broken. I just bought the game and I cannot even advance through a tutorial. I first didn't click ignore and my guy died. Now, I click on the sniper and choose ignore and I am killed. I try hovering my mouse over the enemy, clicking o, and then selecting ignore enemy... killed. Please fix this.

I redid the tutorial from scratch. I was able to choose the beginning check point and do everything. Maybe I just was doing it wrong?
flyingbutter

Postby flyingbutter » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:33 am

10 minutes into the tutorial and I can't proceed past this same mission. Is this ever going to be fixed? The developers have had forever to fix this issue. The previous posters are spot on in their recommendations.

Return to “Bugs”